Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2003, 09:44 PM   #1
Arvon
Unicorn

George Carlin's Reflections on Life

1. Never raise your hands to you kids. It leaves your groin unprotected.

2. I'm not into working out. My philosophy is no pain, no pain.

3. I'm in shape. Round is a shape.

4. I'm desperately trying to figure out why Kamikaze pilots wore helmets.

5. Do illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup?

6. I've always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific.

7. Ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you, but when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window.

8. Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but going faster is a maniac?

9. You have to stay in shape. My mother started walking 5 miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 now and we have no idea where she is!

10. I have six locks on my door, all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three of them.

11. One out of every three Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of two of your best friends. If they are OK, then it must be you.

12. They show you how detergents take out bloodstains. I think if you've got a T-shirt with bloodstains all over it, maybe your laundry isn't your biggest problem.

13. Ask people why they have deer heads on their walls and they tell you it's because they're such beautiful animals. I think my wife is beautiful, but I only have photographs of her on the wall.

14. A lady came up to me on the street, pointed at my suede jacket and said, "Don't you know a cow was murdered for that jacket?" I said, "I didn't know there were any witnesses. Now I'll have to kill you too!"

15. Future historians will be able to study at the Jimmy Carter Library, the Gerald Ford Library, the Ronald Reagan Library, and the Bill Clinton Adult Bookstore.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 04-24-2003, 09:49 PM   #2
Lioness
Jack Burton

LOL, Carlins is hilarious.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:54 PM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

LOL, some of them crack me up.

btw, who is George Carlin?
Old 04-24-2003, 10:02 PM   #4
Arvon
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
LOL, some of them crack me up.

btw, who is George Carlin?
Carlins is a US comic... mostly does stage work though he has been on HBO. Most of his stuff is/was too raunchy for broadcast TV.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 04-24-2003, 10:08 PM   #5
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

He must be a funny guy though, great stuff [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2003, 10:14 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Carlin really hit it big back in the... late 70s / early 80s? One of his best-known bits is the seven words you can't say on television.

Definitely not a comedian for one's children...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 04-24-2003, 11:34 PM   #7
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Carlin really hit it big back in the... late 70s / early 80s? One of his best-known bits is the seven words you can't say on television.

Definitely not a comedian for one's children...
Im still tring to understand why you can't say; Definetly, not, a, comedian, for, one's, or children on TV...