Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2003, 11:40 PM   #1
RONUS
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey guys thanks for all your help at the rapax castle.....but I have some things to run by you guys....first of all my party consists of the following....human monk; hobbit gadgie; faerie mage; rawulf lord/ dwarf priest/ mook ranger/...all at level 24-25........early I got so pissed off atgetting killed in the monastery and arnika rd that every time I leveled up I focused on vit/ piet/int/....I was all spell happy and getting my HP up....and just learning as many spells as possible to kick ass.......it has paid off...avg battle last about 5-10 min at most now.depending on how manu monsters I run into...some times 5 sec when my mage cast nuclear blst at its full power. and the enemy is like 30 rz against fire...
Anyway, I feel like I have neglected the true role playing nature of the game. I neglected dex/ senses and spd attributes..they are like in the 60's while all the rest of the attributes are in the 80's esp piet and intl for my mage and priest.in 90's...well I felt bad over that and Now I am trying to get those att up.... is this a bad thing???....I have the speical expert skills like eagle eye and snakespd from the equip I bought from ferro and this was the first time I have seen these special skills.....how do I get power cast skill...anyway...I feel like I have robbed my self of some really cool skills ..is is too late...all my characters have over 2 mill exp pts......and it is hard to level up now......shld I just finish the rest of the game out and start a new one w/ new party and when I do what att do u all rec I focus on in the future..to get certain expert skills soon and early on the game?????
So have i really missed out on some special things here or what? Thanks for you alls input

Cool facts
My mage has over 4 thousand kills; my ranger over 3 thousand and my two priests are battling out for 3 place w/ around a grand a piece...my monk and my gadgie are bring up the rear w/ about 5 hundred a piece.........I had fun feasting on Rapax for two weeks while trying to become a templar at one pt I think I faced like 33 rapax in one battle....I hate the warmages and the samuri..now that battle took forever!!!!!!

Game update: well I don't want it to end...want to see how far I can level up....just hanging out at AP for now gaining exp....thinking of going and just starting a war w/ the rapax templar knights..(AP is getting boring) ..they prob have lots of exp pts...I love feasting on the RAPax ....it is fun and lots of exp b/c you can get them in large crowds
Old 11-27-2003, 12:12 AM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Given where you are now, you might just as well head to Ascension Peak for the end game. It's likely that most opponents there won't be too difficult for you to take on.

The special skills such as power cast come when you raise a stat to 100 (the natural max, though items can take that higher). For power cast, that's intelligence. Once you have the skill, you can raise it at level gain time like any other skill.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 12:48 AM   #3
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Ronus - I agree with Nightowl2. With those number of kills you are ready for Ascension Peak, whatever your levs are. I'm surprised you haven't maxed some of those attributes, tho. You get benefits when you go to 100. Maybe you are thinking you have to max all of them. Not. You must have some good things going. If you have solved the other quests, go for AP. You can move up even quicker. And you can go back if you have Portal.
Old 11-27-2003, 01:30 AM   #4
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

If you've already been hanging out on AP for long enough that it's boring, you certainly are ready for the end, and starting a new party will give you the chance to get them going "right". Fortunately, there is no real "right" way to develop char's. Most of my recent parties have been 3 or fewer chars, so my development differs a lot from most, and even among those who play with all eight slots full there are various 'schools' of tactics, attribute development, skill distro, etc. That's why we keep playing this ancient, incomplete dinosaur forever...
Welcome to Heck!
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 05:31 PM   #5
Holywhippet
Dungeon Master

The best part of the special skills that appear when you get a stat of 100 is that they will develop on their own as well as any points you pump into them. My bishop just got power cast and I put 3 points into it. When she was casting spells after camping she gained a point. Funnily enough she was casting shadow hound at the time. I wouldn't have thought that would improve the skill because it's meant to punch through enemy resistances.
Holywhippet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 08:26 PM   #6
sultan

i agree with holywhippet. if you're going to max stats, max them as early as possible so that the special skills that open up can have the most chance to build on their own.

generally speaking, it is not critical that you max any stats in the game, with the exception of powercast for spellcasters. the reason for this is that the monsters you face late in the game have high resistances and you'll need powercast to cut through for any effect.

but otherwise, the game is balanced enough that you can do quite well without the others. in fact, recent anecdotal evidence zig has been posting on samurai development indicates that a balanced set of stats may actually be better than trying to max two stats off the bat.

therefore, regarding your question, go ahead and finish the game and start a new group and see for yourself just how different the game can be with other modes of development! enjoy [img]smile.gif[/img]