Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2002, 08:57 AM   #1
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Well I met her last night, my party ranges from level 12-14. Tried a few different methods of taking her and her little band on but they always seem to kick my butt. Is this just too low a level to take them on? Any strategy advice? I at least am going to level once and have someone learn the Purify Air spell (damned death lords are killing me with those clouds). Thanks!
Old 02-26-2002, 10:16 AM   #2
Niob
The Magister

Hey, i also had that problem, the queen is weak but the damn death lords always killed me with clouds, especially my ninja, must have made a mistake with him, he is nothing compared with my one in Wiz 7.
i came back later to that point, the most important thing is the heart of the sorcerer-queen, the sword "Fang" is good for a fighter as well.
But you will need the heart in rapax castle --> you will have enough time to do this later. My trick was to kill all cultists with a hard mind flay or nuclear blast and the run away to end the combat..then yuo may camp and the cultists are gone. That is not very good for your honour, but who cares. After killing the cultists i had no problem with the death lords ...elementals may help to avoid spells from the lords.
good luck
Niob
Niob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 01:35 PM   #3
KraGorn
The Magister

Level 12-14 is certainly on the low side, my party of rog/ran/alc/psi/pri/mag destroyed this group but were level 17-18 ... the key with that sort of party was the destroying of the cultists in two rounds by the Psi and Alc while the Mag got up one elemental and the Alc a second one next round.

Soul and Elemental Shield spells are also vital protection. After casting the two elementals I retreated outside and the queen followed, nice [img]smile.gif[/img] , she was easy, meanwhile the elementals were qeakening the Death Lords ... quick heal and back in to finsih them off.

Now, without such a powerful magic defense and attack I'm not sure what I'd do

Edit: this post a bit lower down looks interesting:
http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...&f=15&t=001843

[ 02-26-2002: Message edited by: KraGorn ]

Old 02-26-2002, 01:43 PM   #4
Rhea
Drow Warrior

I think I was about level 12 when I fought her.

--Make sure protective spells like Armorplate, Magic Screen and Enchanted Sword are in place.

--I had my bard used the Siren's Wail - I love driving everyone nuts first! I think the Death Lords are immune to it, but it sure helps with everyone else, including the Sorceress Queen. Just remember to have your Bard play the siren's wail periodically, because sometimes the insanity thing wears off (if you don't have a Bard, cast Insanity or Pandemonium periodically).

--Once you have all of the minor players insane or immobilized, used a Canned Elemental or Summon Elemental spell. The elemental can absorb some of the Death Lords' damage, and they can also fight the elementals that get conjured up by the opposing party.

--Rush in - you need to get close to those Death Lords and hack at 'em. I also use Boiling Blood a lot, because it knocks down 100-175 hit points per round (both of my bishops know it - I've found it to be one of the most useful spells in the game).

I did this my second time around, and found it much less difficult than I had the first time I fought them.
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 04:04 PM   #5
[wcip]Angel
Zhentarim Guard

Use chameleon.. sneak up the stairs on either side of the room.. when in the middle of the stairs (facing the monsters who hasn't gone into combat mode yet).. go into combat mode, have your spellcasters choose fireball/iceball/poisonball (dont remember the name) direct the "thing" down the stairs, around the bottom of the stairs and towards the monsters... when combat starts, most of them will head into the back room, while some will remain.. splitting up your enemy is the first step towards victory.

Remember, soul shield, element shield, guardian angel are your best defenses.. magic wall and all other defenses should already be active. This is only pertinent if you choose to take the group head on.. Remember that each of those women can summon an elemental, almost doubling the size of your enemy-group.

I took them quite early this time I played it.. (first time, i was about lvl 18-19) .. I got them out of the palace, and took them 2 by 2.
[wcip]Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 06:55 PM   #6
V^^^^V
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The way I fought them was like this. As soon as I saw them and combat started, I ran back out side. I had an elemental blocking one exit it(it did it on it's own somehow) and my group was at the other exit. Then as the enemies came out we just whacked them. I had all the defensive spells in place. All my priest did was cast heals as needed and my psi guy had haste going. It took a long time but we wone it. This also helped keep my party out of the line of sight of all those casters. I also concentrated on killing the casters as fast as possible becouse once they die, their elementals die to.
V^^^^V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 11:06 PM   #7
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Well I finally got her today, here is what I did, took a little advice from all the posts I saw here and with a search:

- first went up one more level with my bishop who was very close, spent a spell pick on the purify air spell

- went in to the temple, entered combat, just ran, taking some damage along the way, up one of the sets of stairs and waited up there until all the enemies fled the temple, they all retreated outside while i healed up

- went down when they were gone, went into the temple further, got all the treasure

- cast a return to portal to get back outside the temple on the path to it

- went up the path, when i was close to being near the now outside group of enemies, entered combat mode before they could see me. in the first "free" round, i buff, the most important spell seems to be eye for an eye against them, but i also put up soul/element shields and guardian angels.

- also in that "free" round, have my ranger cast a sonic boom out near them which gets them into the fight the next round.

- used a canned elemental, retreated to take them on one at a time, had to purify air once or twice. also getting the stone from the temple really helped as my gadgeteer made the restoration stone so she could "heal all".

I now own her heart [img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks for all the replies!
Old 02-28-2002, 07:25 AM   #8
[wcip]Angel
Zhentarim Guard

Congratulations, man! Cool strategy
[wcip]Angel is offline   Reply With Quote