Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2002, 04:36 PM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

I was just thinking of renting an extremely scary horror movie. What would you recommend?
Im hoping to see some *older* movies.. Horror movies just aint as scary and interesting as they used to be..
IŽd also be pleased to hear about horror movies that arent in that idiotic stereotype(i mean Scream Triology, I (Still) Know What You Did Last Summer and such).
As for the scariest movie ive ever seen, suprisingly, it's Blair Witch Project 2.
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 06:27 PM   #2
Waldie
Dungeon Master

scary movies from 1920-1930 are great like dracula, phantom of the opera, the werewolf, but they are quit hard too get=(

and of course psycho is a real classic

blair witch is one of the best "modern" movies
Old 07-30-2002, 10:58 PM   #3
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Try the Hellraiser series. Not very scary but some of the scenes gave me goose bumps.

[ 07-30-2002, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: Paladin2000 ]
Old 07-30-2002, 11:15 PM   #4
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
IŽd also be pleased to hear about horror movies that arent in that idiotic stereotype(i mean Scream Triology, I (Still) Know What You Did Last Summer and such).
These movies aren't actually horror but are refered to as 'slasher' flicks. Such movies usually contain some of the following: a psychotic killer, a knife or other sharp bladed instrrument, a mask, a small town, a high school and babes, oh yes.

Anyway if your looking for non-stereotypical horror flicks try 'The Thing' by John Carpenter. Its more of a sci-fi type horror that relies on suspense and paranoia to generate fear. If your into foreign movies try 'The Ring' a japanese cult hit. Don't bother with the sequels.
Rimjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 07:20 AM   #5
Jorath Calar
Harper

Exorcist, but if you are under 18 I'm not sure its a good idea...
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 07:51 AM   #6
lroyo

Alright Uss, now you're talking my language!

Scary movies...let's see...
The Exorcist (obviously)
The Thing (really atmospheric great film)
Halloween (the original slasher, without the comedy)
Evil Dead (damn funny and scary)
Night of the Living Dead (a little dated these days, but a classic nonetheless)
The Shining (watch Jack Nicholson lose his mind)
Poltergeist (it was certainly scary when I was young.Especially the clown!)
Alien and Event Horizon (more science fiction than horror, but absolutely great!)

Other good horror films that aren't that scary: Rosemary's Baby, Psycho, Hellraiser, Jeepers Creepers, Nightbreed, From Dusk Til Dawn and Near Dark (I could go on and on)
Old 07-31-2002, 09:48 AM   #7
uss
20th Level Warrior

Jorath, im 13.. Ive seen The Exorcist. I didn`t think it was that scary. Still, it was a good movie.
Thanks, guys [img]smile.gif[/img] . Youve got a big list the, Avi [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2002, 04:15 PM   #8
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Man, no movie ever scared me like event horizon. I almost wet my pants cause I was too frightened to go to the toilet.
A movie is really scary when it raises such fear in your mind that you don't want to look behind the next corner because of the horrible things that could be there...

HAW!

haw...where's my signature pic???
debiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 08:06 PM   #9
Azred
Drow Priestess

<font color = lightgreen>Aviendha, Evil Dead scary? [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] Usually our tastes are similar, but on that we would disagree. Funny, yes, but not scary.

The classic Night of the Living Dead, Phantasm, the Serpent and the Rainbow, and The Shining (Jack Nicholson version, please). [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img] </font>

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 08:45 PM   #10
uss
20th Level Warrior

Ah, I remember watching Halloween. I was totally freaked out! that was kinda scary.
Wow.. i just looked for a "The Thing" page and ive seen that movie before! it was a very good movie [img]smile.gif[/img] !
OH YEAH! Ive also seen "THe Night Of The Living Dead"! Oh, it was a great classic.
Poltergeist is a good movie too. And yeppers, the clown was *especially* scary ..
Sigh.. they dont make horror movies nearly as good or as scary as they used to.
Jeepers Creepers was scary.. till they showed the killers face.
From Dusk Till Dawn is a great Robert Rodriguez movie! It was so cool [img]smile.gif[/img] .