Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2004, 04:55 PM   #1
Raven Darkfire
Welcomed New User

Smiley

I have just completed Chapter 2 of HotU and have some questions/comments re the alignment of the companions/henchmen available.
Background, When I played the original P&P D&D years ago alignment was considered very important and I am a bit confused by the alignments given the comapnions I have chosen. Does alignment actualy mean or do anything in single player?
SPOILERS:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
1. Nathyrra, Wizard/Rogue/Assasin, is listed as a 'Lawfull(100)/Evil(0)' character. To me she plays as a 'Lawfull/Good' and should be a Palladin if such a thing were possible. (What a concept - a Drow Palladin?)
2. Deekin, Bard/RDD, is listed as a 'Neutral(50)/Neutral(50)' but plays as a 'Chaotic/Good'. I think he is an absolute riot as a companion and makes some of the frustrating things in the game worth puting up with.
3. Is it even possible to play this through as a truely 'Chaotic/Evil' character? To me such a character, before the middle of HotU chapter 2, would simply say "To heck with this!" then *Gets drunk and wanders off into the Underdark to find an easter bunny to torture*
Old 08-29-2004, 07:47 PM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Raven Darkfire:
1. Nathyrra, Wizard/Rogue/Assasin, is listed as a 'Lawfull(100)/Evil(0)' character. To me she plays as a 'Lawfull/Good' and should be a Palladin if such a thing were possible. (What a concept - a Drow Palladin?)
2. Deekin, Bard/RDD, is listed as a 'Neutral(50)/Neutral(50)' but plays as a 'Chaotic/Good'. I think he is an absolute riot as a companion and makes some of the frustrating things in the game worth puting up with.
3. Is it even possible to play this through as a truely 'Chaotic/Evil' character? To me such a character, before the middle of HotU chapter 2, would simply say "To heck with this!" then *Gets drunk and wanders off into the Underdark to find an easter bunny to torture*
Nathyra does act as a good character, but she had a recent conversion, so I guess the Dm didn't update her sheet yet... Or maybe it's because she's lawfull, and being so, she do her best to respect the new laws and code of conduct of her new group, even if she does not really fit them yet.

Deekin used to be Chaotic Good in SoU.

The reason those two don't really act in aligment is probably to broaden the range of PCs they can travel with.

Yes, you can play as Chaotic Evil. You are far enough in the game to know your character has a very powerfull motivation to do his quest.

[ 08-29-2004, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: Luvian ]