Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2003, 04:44 PM   #1
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

ok iv completed the game b4 a few times but this is my first time on bgt. Iv explored every area on the map and so my characters are pretty high levels (7s & 8s) Imoen is level 7 thief and level 5 mage, nearly level 6 now. I think she has about 37000xp which means she needs another 23000 to get to level 7 and get her thieving abilities back. My question is what quests do u think i should do to get her xp up (this is a 6 man party) I could got to the beard and do ice island, i might get a bit nailed by the traps but i know where most of them are so i could get around it with only a few minor hits. But what else can i do. Im definately not doing durlags and i dont think werewolf isle either, so just some quests in bg city please. Any help is apprecitaed!
Old 09-25-2003, 04:58 PM   #2
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

The ice island is probably the easiest one i was able to do it with kivan dieing due to traps. If someone dies there should not be a battle you cant win with a party like you have, i would know i did the exact same thing my 4th time through.
Old 09-25-2003, 05:03 PM   #3
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

yeh the ice island is pretty easy, i will go there. But i need some more places. I just found out that i cant go to UB until iv killed sarevok, so give me some xp in bg before i do the proper quests
Old 09-25-2003, 05:10 PM   #4
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

There is a small farm area above the bridge to BG. A man will ask you to kill of all these zombies for him which will be easy for Imoen. Just have her kill all the zombies i think theres 32 have her kill them BY HERSELF and then rember to tell the farmer you finished the task for extra exp. If that does not work try goin to every house in BG you should get some side quests through that.
Old 09-25-2003, 05:10 PM   #5
CheeseMan
Dungeon Master

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure I went to Ulgoth's Beard before I killed Sarevok...I've never even killed Sarevok, but I've been there.
CheeseMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 05:15 PM   #6
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by CheeseMan:
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure I went to Ulgoth's Beard before I killed Sarevok...I've never even killed Sarevok, but I've been there.
Yes sir use the Mconvert option in your baldur ini files and it will switch your game to totsc and BG games will stay as well. Then ulgoths bearth will appear on your map and travel to it!!
Old 09-25-2003, 05:20 PM   #7
CheeseMan
Dungeon Master

Sorry, Dar'tanian, we posted at the same time, I was talking to Ross_bg2_rox, shoudv'e made it clear.

Ross, You can go there before you kill serevok because even when you do and then install TotSC after, it uses the save BEFORE you kill him, and transports you there.
CheeseMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 06:21 AM   #8
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

you can in normal bg but iim on bgt. And about the zombie farm, iv done that, iv done every area, so just stuff in bg
Old 09-26-2003, 12:17 PM   #9
Faceman
Hathor

a cheesy way to up your XP would be to buy scrolls, kick everybody but Imoen from the party and scribe them for legitimate XP you could kill some Basilisks if you haven't already done that (there's only one in BG city but some more in the southeast of the map). What about some jobs for the theif guild, freeing the nymph, the feud necromancers or the cursed/diseased man? Or just get some new NPCs just to do their quests.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:21 PM   #10
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Or you could bite the bullet and do werewolf island, at least. They're not that hard with a level 7 party. And it'll get you ready for the final battle.

(And if you're so hungry for experience, just bump off the last bad guy and enter the BG2 portion of BGT. [img]tongue.gif[/img] )