Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2002, 01:12 AM   #1
Kelsoph-Syn-
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Are you looking for a server to host a guild or just play by yourself? Norworld is a great community for Neverwinter Nights where players can gather together and roleplay their hearts out. The community isn't very large, which means it'll be more like a large family! There is already about 30 people or so who are currently planning on playing Norworld. We want more... we must have more to roleplay with!! It's a persitant world, meaning it's up 24/7!!! And with so many different types of people getting together for roleplay and gaming purposes, you won't have any trouble finding someone to share your NWN experience with!

Check the site out, you won't regret it!
Norworld

[ 04-29-2002, 01:27 AM: Message edited by: Kelsoph-Syn- ]
Old 04-30-2002, 09:04 AM   #2
mreball
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am new to this. I will check out this server but explain to me how this works. I am use to playing EQ, UO and Diablo 2. How does this server thing actually work.
Old 04-30-2002, 10:57 PM   #3
Kelsoph-Syn-
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well - a lot of it is explained in our F.A.Q. But I will breifly go over it here.

I've played all those games - so I know where you're comign from.

In diablo 2, you can start your own "server", basically the computer that is hosting the game. Much is the same in NWN, and Norworld. Norworld will have it's own server - up persistantly (meaning no downtime) so you can go on at any hour of the night! Even with no other people on (though the people and timezones on norworld are so diverse that I think you won't have a problem finding quite a few others) Basically we'll be able to have about 64+ people on the server... depending on connection or what not. After beta, we plan to only bring the server down approxamitely once a month - if that, and it will only be for ... perhaps 30 mins or 1 hour tops, and we'll try to arrange it to be the most unlikely time that people will be on and give a decent warning time - much like in EQ and UO (i.e. The servers wll go down in 15 mins...)

If you have any other questions post on our forum, check our website, or even join us in IRC chat! (Found on the website)

Thank you!
Old 05-01-2002, 10:10 AM   #4
mreball
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thank you for the help, just got trough signing up to norworld.
Old 05-01-2002, 10:17 AM   #5
Lanthir
Drizzt Do'Urden

Ha deceent warnin gon Eq goes like this
The server will be comming down in 15 minutes
(5 minutes latter)
camp camp camp
(server is down)