Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2001, 12:01 PM   #1
jimijam
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have two problems with the Toad People & was hoping for some help.

First, I gave the potion to Mekdawa as requested by the Priest's Quest, but when my Priest returns to the temple she is asked why she hasn't delivered it. Thus she can't advance in the guild. Any advice would be appreciated.

Second, I seem to have explored the entire area around Valeia, but can't figure out how to get to Ishad N'ha. I really hope it isn't through the Toad People's Shaman's hut because there is a bucket stuck in the middle of a hallway between the guard towers and the Shaman's Hut, and I can't get by it or move it. Again, any advice or help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jimijam
Old 12-02-2001, 12:13 PM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Well, I'm not too fond of the game, as I rarely play it, but I can help you with your second question. If you gone through the Crypt and gotten the ring, then you will find Ishad Nha by following a series of rivers to an opening. You should come across a bridge that stretches across the lake, and prevents the raft from entering into the cavern ahead. If you have trouble locating the cavern, use your map, that is always helpful.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 12:49 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi jimijam!!

Are you sure it was your priest that gave Mekdawa the potion? Are you sure you gave him the correct potion? Are you sure he took it and it didn't just drop to the ground or some other annoying possibility such as that?

There are caves in the NW section of this area of the map, follow the water until you locate the Oracles. Have the character with the signet ring speak to the middle oracle - go through the keywords carefully. The correct one will result in the oracles opening up the way to the west.

Good Luck!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 12:52 PM   #4
Jason Leonard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

To get to Ishad'Na, you have to travel through the caves of Ishad'Na. From the toad village, just travel west. To the NW of where the river opened up into the lake you're in...is where you'll find a bridge going across the length of the lake. Swim under it or jump on top of it and go beyond. You'll eventually run into the oracles of Ishad'Na, so talk to them and prove to them that you are the chosen one. They will remove a piece of wall so you can continue your swim to Ishad'Na.

About the priest quest, if you have more than one priest, make sure the one who took the quest is trying to get the credit. For another priest to get credit, she'll have to actually give Mekdawa a potion also (I had 2 priests in MY party when I realized what kind of help the extra healing would be for that game).

Also, you're sure Mekdawa responded when you gave him the potion?

Jason
Jason Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 01:52 PM   #5
jimijam
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks to everyone for their help regarding how to get to to see the oracles. I am sure it was my priestesso gave the potion to Mekdawa, but I'm not sure why she never got credit for it. I finally got so pissed I just killed Mekdawa and took the potion back. Great for my psyche, bit not so good for my prestess. She couldn't advance at all in the Guild. Anyone know what the toad potion does? Is it worth carrying around to use or should I just sell it?
Old 12-04-2001, 03:02 PM   #6
lord_gabriel
Manshoon

...its a typical bug in that game, that i encountered fairly often. The thing is, you have to wait until the person you gave things to finished his answer. Mekdawa will say the following upon delivering the potion :

Mekdawa need this.
Toads need this
You are Ukabu.

Only when you waited until he finished his speech the game will realize you delivered the potion...

Keep this in mind, for there are many quests wich i had to redi, because i did'nt finish my talks correctly (e.g. the magic toadem quest, The Jathil the wanderer Quest a.s.o.)

...i believe your priest can start to level again in the nect city, but maybe its easier to start class advancing with a fighter to paladin or with a magician to warlock, and let them enter the priests guild they should get the same quest and you can give the potion again to Mekdawa. If you haven't saved before killing him - bad luck...
...walk in the light..!<br /><br />Lord Gabriel<br /><br /> Ich bin der Geist, der stets verneint!<br />Und das mit Recht; denn alles, was entsteht,<br />Ist wert, das es zugrunde geht;<br />Drum besser wär\'s, daß nichts entstünde. <br />So ist denn alles, was ihr Sünde,<br />Zerstörung, kurz das Böse nennt,<br />Mein eigentliches Element.
lord_gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 05:21 PM   #7
jimijam
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks again to everyone for their advice. I'm really digging this forum, as everyone is so kind & helpful. I finally said screw it and just moved on to Ishad N'ha. It did teach me to save more than one copy of each game in case I need to go back and correct a mistake I made.