Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2001, 07:42 PM   #1
Albino Wolf
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am west of Ishad N'ha, and I encounted four "Amizoni Mantraps." These four creatures look like huge Venus Flytrap plants. They keep casting some sort of re-occuring damage spell on my party. I keep dying before having a chance to kill even one of them. If I run away, they follow me and catch up with me somewhere else in the forest.

What's the easiest way to deal with these creatures?
Albino Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 07:47 PM   #2
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Run to Shurugeon Castle ruins, Once you get to the moat pit, make a left and follow it to the first clearing past the South route leading to Ishad N'Ha. From there, it's just a matter of casting spells, resting away from the Amazonies... After a few rounds, they should be dead. Make sure you do get all of them.

The best spells to use are: Sun Bases, Meteorstorm, Icestorm.

Have fun.

If you're in for a real blast, try engaging them mano to mano... now that's hard.

Finally, if you don't have range spells, use bows. Make sure to duck though

------------------
If I am because I think, then, if I talk without thinking, I'm not really talking! Am I?

[This message has been edited by Ryanamur (edited 09-28-2001).]
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 08:36 PM   #3
Albino Wolf
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yessssssssss! It was very tough, but I did it. I did with the run and cast spell method. I cast flamedrop repeatedely from a distance to kill one at a time. I kept running back to Ishad N'ha to recharge my magic spells. Then, I would run back and kill another another one until I got all four.

Those are very very tough sons of bi#$%&!
Albino Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 08:46 PM   #4
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Good for you. You've just beaten the toughest encounter in the game. It's really a test to make sure you can carry on forth. Don't forget to keep us posted on your adventures.

------------------
If I am because I think, then, if I talk without thinking, I'm not really talking! Am I?
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 06:30 PM   #5
Yazee
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Naw, Man-on-Man theyre even easier, because they only cast the spell once and then they stop because it´s turn based AI kicking in and i slugged them repeatedly with meteor storm and iceballs, well it wasnt machismo , just self-defense!
Like the infamous Battle at the O.K. Coral in ST:TOS they waited outside Ishad´Na for me after i ran past them and rezed the remaining five members of my party, they where there when i came otside , giving me two splitseconds time, before i was toast!
As I was unable to run past them or readying any spells (can you do that in town?) fast enough I tried to swarm ´em and succeeded!

Now back to business:
BE CAREFUL, they could spawn rarely if the difficulty is high and as I heard here on the board the lillies in boogre cavern are nothing to be trifled with as well!

------------------
Vertigo?
Falling from great heights would make me start to giggle!
It´s the ground that´s REALLY killling me...
Yazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 06:37 PM   #6
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

That is why you should raise your level in Stone magic. Petrification works great against them, and it is only a level 5 spell (I think...).
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote