Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2001, 10:17 AM   #1
ccannon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OK, help me out, everybody. I've gone down the ladder just past Ekbu at Toad Village (well, falling down is more accurate but that's neither here nor there). I've wandered around the little cave at the bottom and find just one little passageway with a little water in it that seems to be the way I need to go.
Problem #1: Every once in a while, my party falls into some pit which just absolutely traps me and I can't move - what's the deal?
Problem #2: The two Toad Villagers in this passageway won't get out of the way for me to pass! One will let me push him around and get him out of the way, the other stays planted (in the water part of the passage) and I can't push, pull, or squeeze by him. I've tried saying everything I can think of (and have occasionally just vented and attacked them so I could restart the area). Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you for your help
ccannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 10:22 AM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

*sigh*. Fortunately, I've never had the problem you have had with the blocking toads, but so many of our posters have. Normally, I would never advocate violence against peaceful non-opponents, but...

if you've got it, Meteor their butts out of the tunnel!!!!

that is, if you have Meteor (4th level Stone spell). Elemental Blast may work, but if even one survives, they'll call out and you're the "sister of bad news" down there among the now-hostile toads...which basically means you can't kill the evils at the Sacred Toadem (Shinwiki won't open the trap door for you.)

If you don't have a high enough spell level, you may want to go back to the Crypt and get your characters up in level far enough until your wizard has one of the above spells.

Other options: Stack crates in the water outside and use them to "jump" to the other platform, and enter Toad Village from that side...

For advanced players with the Vanish spell, simply "Vanish" the toads to another location. Or, vanish yourself past them.

Hope this helps.

-Sazerac

P.S. Never heard of the "pit" thing...sounds like a bug.

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 03-16-2001).]
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 10:29 AM   #3
Elcid
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes, I got stuck in this pit as well, one time. I fear this is a bug and there is no way around. Just reload an earlier savegame!

After the patch it should be possible to talk to the toad people that block the tunnels and retreat. They should follow you. At least they followed me...
That is, they did on my second try, when I was Ukabu...The first time, when I wa "Evil warmskin" they were not impressed at all...
Elcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 05:02 PM   #4
wizmerlin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I had exactly the same problem that you have. To get by the toad in the water select your strongest party member and kill him. you have to to it in one or two blows before he can yell for help. I didnt like doing it but it was the only way I could get by him. if he yells for help you have to reload and try again. remember that the toad village is extra and not needed so if you cant get it then just skip the toad village.
wizmerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 07:57 PM   #5
slug
Manshoon

i have been trapped in such pits all over the map. if it happens in toad village you should be warry for it. just one more reason to save often.
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 03:05 AM   #6
ccannon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks everyone for your amazingly fast help! You all are all-stars! I ended up taking Wizmerlin's advice and going at the poor hapless toadie guns ablazin'. The crate thing was much to finesse for me. . . It worked like a charm (except my conscience was pained every time a different toad villager called me Ukabu. . *grin*). Thanks again for the help and I'm pretty sure I'll be talking to you all soon.
ccannon is offline   Reply With Quote