Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2001, 01:19 AM   #1
Mohazek
Elite Waterdeep Guard

FOr those of you who have completed the game or are on round 2 -
I choose not to up my thiefs pickpocket ability and so am left with a dilemna - Does killing the stout king have any reprecussions later in the game assuming one has completed all relevant quests before getting the Mavin?
I would SO hate to gank this guy only to find out later I need him to make me something else =P
Mohazek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2001, 07:39 AM   #2
Xignal76

Once you have the Dragon Armor the King is fair game. As far as I can tell his death (and those of all of his guards) has no effect on your party's alignment or on any future encounter/action. The reward is access to remaining three vaults (post-Raskalion) so it's your choice. I did it once and ended up with more gold than I could easily carry.
Old 01-04-2001, 11:26 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You can access any of the vaults at any time. I went through all of them and not one guard did a thing.

Dragon Armor is all you need from the Stout King.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2001, 04:44 PM   #4
Mohazek
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The funny thing is if you kill him and/or get his key - the room adjacent to his throne room (which you need key to get in) has two sets of Dragon Armor in it. Which is nice since im playing a rather evil element to my party. Just IMHO - if you want to be an evil party - the Armor can be gained without the Kings help and from what you say - no unfair reprecussions. Still - as an evil party i rather enjoyed being hated. Note for WWII - get factions involved so evil RPG bastards like me can't do these things without gaining faction with one group and losing it with another!!
Mohazek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2001, 06:09 PM   #5
Dwarf

Traitors! You lot are lucky this game doesn't have multi player support or I'd "find out and come and get yer" (Bilbump).However Freyedies is a very Elvish sounding name whereas the old king (whose eyes turnt black an' is tongue yellow)Brinbath, had a more dwarvish sounding name.But it's the principle that counts (I bet D'Soto wasn't easy 'cause they're voice files for him and Nivius attacking you in the game).