Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2002, 10:04 PM   #1
Slayer Of Duke Lobelahn
Elite Waterdeep Guard

THE CHASE AND NOOBER "QUEST"

In Baldurs Gate, you will meet the noble Chase again. (This is random for some odd reason. It is also rare, I know because this is my friend's eighth time playing through and never has this happened.) If you remember, Chase was located right outside of Candlekeep. He was the pansy noble who threatened to jump off the cliff if you came any closer. Anyway, you will meet Chase again when he accidently runs into you. Why does he accidently run into you? BECAUSE NOOBER'S THROWING STONES AT HIM!!! HA HA HA!!! This is no joke!!! After running into you he apologizes and depending on what you told him when he threatened to first jump off the cliff, he will either curse you or give you an item. If you told him to jump at the begining, he will curse your name(get angry). If you said "O.K." during his suicidal attempt at the beginning, he will thank you for saving his life and give you 200,000 GP, saying it is his mumsey's life savings. Ha, great! THIS IS THE BEST QUEST OF THE GAME!!!!

P.S. If you talk to Noober, he just asks you if your gonna throw a stone at him again. HE HE.

[ 09-01-2002, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: Slayer Of Duke Lobelahn ]
Slayer Of Duke Lobelahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 11:09 PM   #2
Sir Heinrich Godfrie IV
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Posted By: Slayer Of Duke Lobelahn
Anyway, you will meet Chase again when he accidently runs into you.
I take it that this, "rare" and "random", occurance happens while you are in Nashkel. Right? Hhmmm... this is the first time I have ever heard of this sort of thing. What version of the game are you playing? Is it with TotSC, DSotSC, or simply a patch for the original saga? I sure hope you aren't making this up because you are bored or something. It will be interesting to see what Six, or Lavindathar (if he's still alive) knows about this "quest".
Old 09-01-2002, 11:39 PM   #3
Slayer Of Duke Lobelahn
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Huh? No!!! This takes place in the city of Baldurs Gate. I dont really know what my friend may have done, but I did see all this with my own eyes and believe me, it was hilarious!!! I love both Noober and Chase so it was a real treat.
Slayer Of Duke Lobelahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 02:03 AM   #4
Sir Heinrich Godfrie IV
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Posted By: Slayer of Duke Lobelahn
This takes place in the city of Baldurs Gate.
Well I figured it would take place in Nashkel, since that is where you first meet the Great Noobermeister. Nevertheless, where precisely did this happen in the City of BG? What map?
Old 09-02-2002, 12:47 PM   #5
Arwyn the Betrayer
Manshoon

Well, I don't believe you at all.
Arwyn the Betrayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 11:17 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I know absolutely nothing at all about this quest, and I've played BG1 more than a few times. Of course, it's entirely possible I missed it--I also heard that if you get your whole party Intoxicated at the Elfsong Tavern, the Bartender turns into a Gnoll and kicks you out. Both of these stories would make some really cool Easter-Eggs, if they were true, which they may or may not be. Reload your game and post a screenshot, and I'll believe it.
Old 09-03-2002, 03:14 AM   #7
The Ozzman
Zhentarim Guard

Lavindathar didn't even know that Full Plate +1 existed in the original saga!
Old 09-03-2002, 02:55 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by The Ozzman:
Lavindathar didn't even know that Full Plate +1 existed in the original saga!
Well, you do have to make some rather goody-goody conversation responses to find it, so I can see how he might not have explored that route.

By the way, *I* know how to get two Full Plates+1 without cheating.
Old 09-03-2002, 07:10 PM   #9
The Ozzman
Zhentarim Guard

by killing the demonknight when he appears on the 1st floor of DT?
Old 09-03-2002, 07:45 PM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Good job! Someone's been paying attention. [img]smile.gif[/img]