Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2003, 02:40 AM   #1
Tiela
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi, I'm just starting this game, and I have a question about the spells you start the game with. I created a druid and gave her a ton of wisdom (18 pts) so she could cast spells. I chose four level one spells, and then 2 level 2 spells (I was only offered the choice of spells I'd already chosen). I started the game, but I notice that when I click on the "spell" button (moon and stars), I only have the choice of two spells. The others don't show at all.

Even weirder, I just loaded up my game to be sure that I had my facts straight, and now when I click on the spell button, I have a choice of 3 spells, not 2, and one that was there before is now gone. I haven't cast any spells, because I just started the game.

Can anyone explain why this is? I don't have any patches, so I'm wondering if it's a bug, or I just don't understand the spell system.
Tiela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 07:11 AM   #2
dragonslayer
Manshoon

I have never made a druid in iwd2, but it seems to me that the 2 you chose later are the ones memorized, the ones you can cast.

Anyway this is the way wizards work and the nly possible explanation as i see it...the other thing seems wierd, are you sure that's what happened?
Old 01-09-2003, 11:38 AM   #3
Nightowl2
Galvatron

All that sounds a little strange to me. Druids and Clerics have to memorize spells, but they always know all spells of a particular level. So your Druid should know all first-level Druid spells, even though you can only choose a couple to have ready.

Also that business of the spells changing/disappearing sounds very much like a bug.

I'd suggest starting a new game and creating a new Druid to see if the problem persists. If it does, you may want to go to the official IWD2 boards and check the tech support there for help.

The url is: http://icewind2.blackisle.com/community.html

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 12:38 PM   #4
Tiela
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Anyway this is the way wizards work and the nly possible explanation as i see it...the other thing seems wierd, are you sure that's what happened?
Seems I never get tired of making a fool of myself on these boards! Anyway, I checked the spells of two different characters. My wizard has three spells, and the druid has two. I got them mixed up in my previous post.

Quote:
I have never made a druid in iwd2, but it seems to me that the 2 you chose later are the ones memorized, the ones you can cast.
Quote:
your Druid should know all first-level Druid spells, even though you can only choose a couple to have ready.
It sounds like this is where I got confused. I thought you could have all four of the spells you picked ready to go. I really am a newbie at this game, so I didn't understand that. Thanks for your help!
Tiela is offline   Reply With Quote