Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2003, 06:00 AM   #1
lethoso
Manshoon

i just spent several of the most frustrating hours of my life trying to kill the stupid sorceror lady who casts temporal stasis.... eventually i managed to get her with arrows of biting and much smackdown from the rest of my party, but it seemed to me to be a fairly pointless fight, especially the frantic dash to get to her in time, the stupid rock trap kept catching my rogue on the wrong side of it, much frustration... i felt so much better once it was over...
Old 02-25-2003, 06:21 AM   #2
Irongrinder

uhm Lethy, what fight do you mean? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Irongrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 06:38 AM   #3
banzai
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Irongrinder:
uhm Lethy, what fight do you mean? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Yep - what unholy fighting could cause such a rambling ???
Old 02-25-2003, 07:06 AM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

He's referring to the final battle in the time loop at Dragon's Eye.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 07:42 AM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

emm..finger of death will immediately kill her.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 07:56 AM   #6
Irongrinder

Ah well, that explains a lot as I haven't finished that part because of lack of time.
Irongrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 10:29 AM   #7
lethoso
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
emm..finger of death will immediately kill her.
she kept saving against it/resisting it etc, so i just started using it on the monster she had to get it out of the way... i also only had the one of it memorized...

[ 02-25-2003, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: lethoso ]
Old 02-25-2003, 10:52 AM   #8
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Spoiler:
1) Haste your party when you enter

2) Run your rogue WEST when you enter that map for the first time .. he/she SHOULD be able to avoid the falling rock trap without damage or with minimal damage. Do NOT worry about the rest of the party at this point ... have the rogue talk to the boatman and the entire party will be transported. Make sure you pick the RIGHT destination .... you want to be able to exit the boat and start attacking the mage/sorceress right way.

3) Start targeting the "stasis mage" with arrows IMMEDIATELY when you land and hit her with a dispel magic to bring down her protections. Hit her with melf's acid arrows as well.

4) Run your two best fighters up into her face and start whacking on her. With hasted fighters you SHOULD be able to disrupt any spells she is trying to cast. You can ignore her summoned monsters - they are a distraction. Concentrate EVERYTHING on her.

5) Get out of Dodge City fast - the whole place is going to erupt if you don't exit to fields of slaughter and your party will die.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 11:14 AM   #9
banzai
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
Spoiler:
1) Haste your party when you enter

2) Run your rogue WEST when you enter that map for the first time .. he/she SHOULD be able to avoid the falling rock trap without damage or with minimal damage. Do NOT worry about the rest of the party at this point ... have the rogue talk to the boatman and the entire party will be transported. Make sure you pick the RIGHT destination .... you want to be able to exit the boat and start attacking the mage/sorceress right way.

3) Start targeting the "stasis mage" with arrows IMMEDIATELY when you land and hit her with a dispel magic to bring down her protections. Hit her with melf's acid arrows as well.

4) Run your two best fighters up into her face and start whacking on her. With hasted fighters you SHOULD be able to disrupt any spells she is trying to cast. You can ignore her summoned monsters - they are a distraction. Concentrate EVERYTHING on her.

5) Get out of Dodge City fast - the whole place is going to erupt if you don't exit to fields of slaughter and your party will die.
Nearly exactly the way I did it - worked very fine. And I want to stress 5) - very frustrating if you - after winning a hard fight - simply vanish into very hot air !!! Believe me - I´ve proven it ...
Old 02-26-2003, 12:49 AM   #10
lethoso
Manshoon

yah, 5 was not an issue... but the rest of the things were things i was doing (except dispell arrows, they did not seem to do anything, she kept resisting them...)

but i'm a happy camper again now, just i really hate getting stuck in games....