Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2003, 09:03 PM   #1
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

I always find Karamazov to be the toughest of the Improved Illyich posse. I was wondering what the consensus would be on which one of the crew is most feared by all of y'all playing the mod.

I also was wondering if everyone has a certain order that they take them on or all at once. (If you say all at once you're a liar). The order I go about separating them and killing them off is a habit now since I've been trying No Reloads Parties and once you die it's back to dungeon. I always start out with the Glabrezu since he will spot you if you're engaged with someone else. Then it's the golem with someone using a haste potion and the all powerful +1 staff. Next would be Illy, I don't find him to be very tough by himself and I'm usually after his equipment, sometimes I even do him before the golem if I can use his weapons. Then Rasputin and then Zhivago. Finally is Karamozov, why - the most APR, I think. Never misses. And I can't always get my tank to be the sole target of the attacks.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:14 PM   #2
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

most feared?
Fallen Deva [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

particular order of taking on them?
no order, take on and take care of which ever goes after us first.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:58 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Well, there's the order in which I draw them out and the order in which I finish them. The Glabrezu is always the first to be suckered out (and locked up) and the last to die.

I try to kill them in this order:
Zhivago
Karamazov
Rasputin
Ilyich
Golem
Glabrezu

I always try to whack Karamazov very early, because AC = Life against these guys. The only one I don't mind facing before her is Zhivago, since AC is irrelevant against him.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:25 AM   #4
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

I usually charm Ilyich himself and have him whack the SUGAR! out of Zhivago and the glabrezu.

[ 09-12-2003, 04:35 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Old 09-12-2003, 03:53 AM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Question Mark

Ziroc and Choc are allergic to swearing, JrKASperov. A quick edit is recommended.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:18 PM   #6
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

lmao

I tend to take out Zhivago first, well, by take out I mean 'charm' his sexy little bum then I have a useful little spellcaster on my side and the battle tends to go my way.
Old 09-12-2003, 07:35 PM   #7
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Originally posted by SpongeBobTheDestoyer:
Quote:
(If you say all at once you're a liar)
Now you're calling me a liar, are you? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ok, Ok, I really don't use a particular order for fighting them. I find one of the beauties of the game to be that there is no 'right' way to play the game, although there are things you can do that will take away certain side quests. So, I find there to be no 'right' way to fight these guys, so I always like to experiment and take on battles in a different way each time. It's much more fun than using the same tactic over and over. I used to use the same tactic for certain battles, but it makes the game boring doing the same thing over and over, so I have begun to enjoy the game with different tactics each time

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 08:37 PM   #8
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord:

Ok, Ok, I really don't use a particular order for fighting them. I find one of the beauties of the game to be that there is no 'right' way to play the game, although there are things you can do that will take away certain side quests. So, I find there to be no 'right' way to fight these guys, so I always like to experiment and take on battles in a different way each time. It's much more fun than using the same tactic over and over. I used to use the same tactic for certain battles, but it makes the game boring doing the same thing over and over, so I have begun to enjoy the game with different tactics each time
I agree with what your'e saying 100%. I enjoy doing a lot of experimenting myself - one such way is taking turns with each person in my party going it alone in a battle while the others wait nearby. A sort of test of man/womanhood, (both in Edwins case). The same tactics do get boring often, but as I said with trying to go through the game without reloading I have to play it safe and stick with what works for me. [img]smile.gif[/img]