Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2003, 08:16 PM   #1
The Lilarcor
Elminster

Spoilers!
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Is it normal for in romancing Viconia, that she wants to break up and leave? Currently I've convinced her to stay for the party, but after I said no to sleeping together (i think i tought her the art of cuddling) soon afterwards she said it wouldn't work and wanted to leave. Is this normal or did I do something wrong?

Also, Jaheira uses scimitars usually (or sling shots) but the only ones I have found are +2. Are there any more advanced to that, because I want to keep her with a shield. (I have many Spears in case they aren't powerful enough) But I want to keep her using a shield as her AC is about -9, (-11 or -12 with drow armor)
Old 05-06-2003, 08:25 PM   #2
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Concerning the romance: There is no way to make the romance continue, no matter what choices you make.
Old 05-06-2003, 08:28 PM   #3
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Belm is only +2, but will set her attacks per round to three, IIRC.
Old 05-06-2003, 08:33 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Short answer: Druid weapons suck.

Long answer: There is a +3 Scimitar somewhere in Chapter 5, but it's the most inaccessible place in the whole chapter, there's a big fight to get to it, and when you finally get the weapon, you will be singularly unimpressed by it. There is a +3 Club for sale after taking care of the Trademeet Djinni, and two other Clubs in the game that are just barely decent. And then we have the Daggers--the best Dagger in the game is in Chapter 5, and is *excellent.* It won't hit Demi-Liches, though, but another Dagger (also in Chapter 5) will work just fine for that. Daggers are OK, but they're just not--not sexy (for anyone except Thieves, that is). If you ever want to put anything *cool* into the hands of your Druid, it'll have to be 2-handed: The Staves and Spears in this game walk all over all other potential Druid gear, except for that Dagger--and, of course, the eighty bazillion great Slings that you find all over the place.

As far as Viconia goes: I have been _told_ that if you insist that she stay with the party, then your Romance is not broken, and will continue in ToB. You won't get any more lovin' out of her for the rest of SoA, but then you weren't going to anyway. I have not seen this for myself, however, so don't delete your backup Save.
Old 05-06-2003, 08:36 PM   #5
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

About Viconia, I wouldn't worry about that, she's supposed to do that no matter which choices you make. Just convince her to stay and the romance will continue once you get into ToB.

About the scimitars, there are advanced ones and much more powerful ones in the game such as follows.

Rashon's Talon +2: From Khan Zahraa in Trademeet
Belm +2: Ogre's Tower in the Druid Grove
Water's Edge +3: Ust Natha (Drow City)
Frostbrand +3: Drizzt Do'Urden
Defender +5: Drizzt Do'Urden

The best scimitars I think are in the game is one from The Darkest Day, which is the Infectious Scimitar and Water's Talon +4 from the Item's Upgrade Mod.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 11:46 PM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

One golden rule of the Viconia romance is to not let her leave the party at all. If she leaves... the romance is kaput.

Hint: If not as a lover, then as a friend.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 09:55 PM   #7
The Lilarcor
Elminster

Sure attack Dritz, that would be nice concerning I'm a Paladin...

Also, I can't move onto ToB if I don't have ToB, so that's dissapointing for me.