Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2003, 06:08 PM   #1
LadyLuthien
Dungeon Master

It's been so long since the first time I played. Anyway, it seems as though I just can't seem to have everyone I need in my party. Currently, there is me (wild mage), Minsc, Aerie, Jaheira, Anomen and Nalia. I know if I want the sphere for my stronghold I'll need to eventually bring Valygar into my party. The problem is that I just don't want to give up anyone I currently have.

I feel as though I just can't have too many priest types in my party. And I can't give up Anomen, because I'm working on the romance with him. I don't really want to lose Minsc. And I can't stand Nalia. She drives me crazy. I don't understand how Anomen annoys so many people (he just makes me laugh) and there's no anti-Nalia society. I hate her. Anyway, the problem with getting rid of her is that I won't have a thief. In the short run, I can exchange her for Yoshimo, although I've avoided having him with me for specific reasons. But I need to ditch someone to bring Valygar into my party.

I can't remember very well... will it really hurt me not having a thief (for removing traps) in the Planar Sphere?
Old 03-20-2003, 06:27 PM   #2
Seraph
Quintesson

Quote:
I know if I want the sphere for my stronghold I'll need to eventually bring Valygar into my party. The problem is that I just don't want to give up anyone I currently have.
While it is true that you need Valygar "in" (wink wink) the party, you don't need to kick someone out.
-
-
-
-
-
IIRC If you kill him, you can pick up his body and drag it to the sphere, it should open up for you.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 06:33 PM   #3
LadyLuthien
Dungeon Master

That won't really work well with my alignment, since I'm playing a neutral good character. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2003, 08:01 PM   #4
Seraph
Quintesson

He murdered two people, what more do you need?

Anyway, my advice would be to kick Jaheira out. Aerie and Anomen can fill most of your clerical needs. Minsc (and Valyger) can fill in the non-spellbased attack role.

The other option would probably be Aerie. You have mages (the PC, Nalia) and you have clerical types (Jaheria and Anomen) so shes really just a nice extra.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 09:48 PM   #5
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

All you really need Valygar for is to open the door; after that you can ditch him. I recommend that you drop either Nalia or Minsc, pick up Valygar & open the door, drop him, and then hustle on over to the Copper Coronet where you can pick up your other party member. Aerie might object to dropping Minsc if they've had the "be my witch" conversation but Nalia is safe to drop.
Old 03-20-2003, 10:40 PM   #6
masteraleph
Elminster

If you don't mind being a bit cheesy...you might be able to pickpocket him for his body. That happens a lot, where people are carrying bizarre objects such as their own body, blood, etc.
masteraleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 02:38 AM   #7
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by masteraleph:
If you don't mind being a bit cheesy...you might be able to pickpocket him for his body. That happens a lot, where people are carrying bizarre objects such as their own body, blood, etc.
And Baldurdash fixes most of those bugs. Including Valygar, IIRC.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote