Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2003, 06:44 AM   #1
Alan_Sephiroth

Ok peeps I made a KH review

Graphics:10/10
KH's graphics are wonderful.Just wonderful.Even better than FFX's.When talking,the character's lips move,the worlds are very nice,and richly deatailed.Also,light effect and stuff,very nice.There arent FMV's in the game ,exept at the beginning of the game,but it doesnt really matters.Gummi ship stuff looks also nice.Also,the Disney characters like Donald and Goofy have new outfits,which are pretty good.

Storyline:7/10
Ok,KH is not the plot heavy RPG like FFVII or Baldurs gate II,it has more storyline than for example Zelda,and the storyline is better than I expectet.Don't be fooled by the Disney stuff,it's not for kids.
There are nowhere plot holes like in FFVIII,and its easy to understand.Too bad the FF characters dont play such big part in the story,most villains are from Disney.

Sound:8/10
Pretty good.It has the original Goofy and Donald Voice Actors,I think,at least,they sound like the real thing.Most voices are good,ok some people complain that Lance Bass is voicing Sephiroth,but its not really bad.Also,the music is pretty good,it has also a remix of One Winged Angel.The sound effects are also very good,and it has also battle voices,like when you use Blizzard,Sora will say "Freeze" or something like that.

Controls:10/10
Everything plays very smooth,you can also configure the buttons but the default is good enough.Left analog stick to move around,right analog to select menu comman,same for the D-pad,Triangle for calling paty members,X to select an menu command like Attack or Magic or Item.Also,you can make shortcuts to Magic,like when you press L1,a new menu appears,and if you have set X for Cure,if you press X if you have pressed L1,you will cast Cure.

Battle System:9.5/10
You have a little menu in the right corner of your screen.There are Commands like,Attack,Magic,Item,and if you stand before a chest,Open will appear,if you stand before a NPC,Attack will change in Talk,etc.In battle,you menu,previosly blue,will turn red.You have to choose the commands Real-Time during Battle.Sora and your party members have the traditional Mp/Hp meters,and special Commands,or Magic,cost MP.Also,at a certain level,you can learn Auto-abilities and Command abilities,like Dodge -Roll,which allows you to roll over the grond if you press Square.That is an Auto-Ability,and has no MP cost.To be able to use Command abilities and Auto-Abilities,you have to equip them,the same way like the Support abilities in FFIX,exept here you dont use stones,but Ap.To get more Ap,level up your characters.Every time you level up,one of your stats will go up and sometimes you learn new abilities.The stats are kinda the same like in FF.The battles are very smooth,and they have many action,I only wished the Keyblade would be a little bit faster,don't get me wrong,its quick enough,but I expected the speed of Devil May Cry.

Fun stuff:9/10
There are allot of fun minigames and sidequests,like building your own airship,truinities,special warp thingies that can give you treasures and stuff,finding all 101 puppies that are spread over all worlds,the colliseum tournament,where you can fight the legendary Cloud Strife,and much more!

Overall:9/10
KH is a very good Action RPG,but has some onderdeveloped points though.I still recommend you buy it,only bad thing are the borders in the PAL version,but the box makes things better.It looksreally nice,Sora and Co. standing by a moon.PM me if you wanna see it.

KH review by NeoBahamut,©2002
Old 02-25-2003, 06:34 PM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I have played Kingdom Hearts and the Final Mix version.

Graphic 7
okay graphic, since the disney character is there you would expect a cartonic graphic.

Storyline 4
this game is mainly for disney chaarcter. then what are the final fantasy character there for? I mean FF chaarcters don't have any storyline in KH.

Sound 8
okay sound and music. I love the one wing angel when you fight with sephiroth.

Controls 5
I hate the camera, if no locking system you'll have a hard time finding out where the enemy go.

Battle System 8
Totally different than any FF game battle system. which I like.

Fun Stuff 5
Too boring after fighting the same thing over and over. plus the inability to use any FF chaarcters really bring the fun stuff go down.

Overall 6
I expected much more from KH. I expect to be able to use FF charcters. but no, just some dumb 14 year old kid with two disney characters. I even played Final Mix version to see if there's an improvement. but sadly the answer is no.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote