Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2002, 12:24 PM   #1
moonshadow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Having just completed IWD - (excellent ending!) I went and got HOW. It seemed to install fine - but wouldn't update the shortcuts - I just assumed that this was because I shift 'em into a different folder on [start] than the default install one.

However, when trying then to start the game, I get an error message - "assertion error failed in Chitin.cpp at line number 1727 - programmer says error initialising key table, bad key file"

I do have the patch installed (1.6, I think)- is this causing the problem?

HELP!!
Old 05-29-2002, 12:32 PM   #2
Zerbelon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi

try to intall the patch and propably it
will be ok [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2002, 12:40 PM   #3
moonshadow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Zerbelon - I will try re-installing the patch - fingers crossed!
Thanks
Old 05-29-2002, 01:55 PM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Moonshadow ... do not install your patch!!!! That's your problem!

The version 1.06 patch is for IWD only. Installing that patch over HOW will seriously mess up the program.

Do this instead! Back up your save games into a separate folder, and any archived characters and custom portraits. Then uninstall the game. Defrag your harddrive, and reinstall in THIS order.

IWD - HOW - HOW patch version 1.41

you do NOT need the v1.06 patch if you install in this order.

If you have Trials of the Luremaster, you can install that in PLACE of the HOW patch 1.41.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 05:31 PM   #5
moonshadow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks, Micah - I ended up just uninstalling then reinstalling & it worked fine. What is the other expansion that you mentioned? Where can I get it? - I haven't seen it anywhere!
Old 06-01-2002, 05:46 PM   #6
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

The other expansion is Trials of the Luremaster and is a free download. You should be able to download it here: http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/iwd/info/luremaster/