Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2001, 02:38 PM   #1
Hooptie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The sad thing about this game is the delays or other problems that occurred on the business end marks the end of Wizardry with its best game so far. In fact, Wizardry 8 is one of the better, if not the best single player rpg i've played this year. I'm a hardcore rpg and rts gamer, i've played most of the recent ones from Pool of Radiance to Arcanum to every mmorpg currently out on the market.

In an interview last year, the lead designer or somebody that was in charge at Sirtech said that they planned on creating more Wizardry's after this one, afterall, this was supposed to be just the beginning of Wizardry in 3D. Sadly, somethign occurred between then and now so no more future Wizardry's after such a good Wizardry 8, not even an expansion [img]tongue.gif[/img] . I really hope Sirtech doesnt regret making this game for all the problems it might've caused them financially, and i do hope word of mouth spreads of how good this game is. Apparently they didnt have the money to mass market like every other game does these days, ironic that Wizardry 8 is better than most mass marketed games.

Well, good luck to Sirtech, and i'd like to thank them for not releasing another premature product like is the trend with PC games. Furthermore, i want to complement them on a unique game as well, since many rpg's tend to copy alot from other games. MMORPG's lately have all been clones of EQ in alot of ways which doesnt say much for the creativity and uniqueness of recent mmorpg developers. You can tell the work went into Wizardry 8, as well as the rare occasion of a quality product at first release. Sirtech may not be Blizzard(give'em a break w/ D2), but they definitely made a name for themself in my opinion just from this latest and last Wizardry. Its just sad that this game seems to have caused so many problems for them on the financial end.
Hooptie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 02:46 PM   #2
Jerry Austin
The Magister

Agreed a wonderful game to bad no more maybe a mod made by fans will surface you nevver know.
qwert
Old 12-04-2001, 12:04 AM   #3
gd2
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hooptie,
I agree... I've been a Wiz series fan for quite awhile, all in all Wiz5 was my favorite. I thought the series went a bit downhill from there despite nicer graphics and such, but so far in Wiz8 it seems as though things have gotten back on track and it possibly might be the best of the Wiz series, and definitely one of the best RPG's IMHO. Ugh. Perhaps I'm being an eternal optimist here but I'm still seriously hoping that the decision to stop the series is rethought. All else aside, I cant see why it has to be the end now that things are finally looking up for the game, and potentially for the series... Maybe after enough sales, or upon reconsideration of an expanded fanbase. I dunno. One can hope .