Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2001, 12:26 AM   #1
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Do any of you have any tips for me, in killing the Hydra. My Warlock has powerful spells, except he doesn't have much of them (Meteorstorm is around 3, Firestorm is around 3). None of my other spells seem to hurt him that bad. I don't want to get too close, since I won't be able to heal any poison. So do any of you guys have some tips for me?
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 12:44 AM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Meteorstorm is the best (a hint here is given by the tavernkeep in Brimloch Roon), but any storm spell will work. Also, the fiend spells of Lifesteal and Demonic Fist work against him. Blood Bath will probably work, but make sure you cast Vine of Life on your character before you do. Also, give a non-spellcasting character Mana Max potions so s/he can charge up the spellcasters on their rounds. Use the L and R arrow keys to "strafe" out of the attack range of the hydra.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 02:30 PM   #3
ineedzen

I cast Haste, Bless, and Bloodlust on all of my characters before the fight. Haste was a definite help, allowing me several attacks for the Nagas one. I also tried to time some attacks to hit the naga while she is about to attack. It usually stopped her attack.
Old 02-23-2001, 02:33 PM   #4
X-Dream

Actually I think magic is not always necessary if you have steel
I finished the Hydra in melee combat without being near to death and I don't think my chars were overequipped (meaning I had no enchantments or blessings). She was tough but at last she lost her heads.
Old 02-23-2001, 05:32 PM   #5
kung ming

I found the easiest way was to poison the hydra. I used my poison bombs, and had my former priest cast all her venom bite spells at the hydra. Surprisingly they work each time, and each time you hit, the amount of poison damage the hydra will take increases by one. Of course this takes a little time. I had the hydra taking about 45 points of poison damage before it finally keeled over. But wow it was easy. Used no other spells, no wasted potions except for too more mana potions, and only cost 15 minutes of my life. I tries the melee way, and I came close though.