Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2002, 05:15 AM   #1
daan
Silver Dragon

Well, as the title states:
I just bought ToB, which is fun, but i havent started the game yet.
So i read a lot of posts about ascension being great and all, but should i install it right away ?? I mean, does it alter, leave out anything from the original ToB ?

Thx for any replies [img]smile.gif[/img]

oeh ! and should i first play through with a party ??
I've been soloing SoA for quite some time now with a lot of classes...
Will getting a group make the game more full ?

[ 03-01-2002: Message edited by: daan ]

Old 03-01-2002, 05:43 AM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, install Ascension at the beggining. This mod was created by one of the game creator to add/fix they did not get the time to do at first.

The only reason I would see for you to not install it at the start is so that you can install nalia's romance instead. I don't think they are compatible. (both mod ask you to replace your dialog.tlk file)

Before installing any of these mods, make a backup copy of your dialog.tlk file.

If you want nalia's romance, go there:
http://www.comtrade.ee/~arnel/nalia/
Old 03-01-2002, 05:46 AM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

About a party or solo... I would say it would be more fun to do it a few time with every characters possible. Because you will want to see what the npcs have to say in the different quest you will do, and it is interesting to see the ending of all the characters.
Old 03-01-2002, 06:55 AM   #4
daan
Silver Dragon

thx m8 [img]smile.gif[/img]
I kinda allready decided on a party, but i guess i just needed a -yes-from someone else [img]smile.gif[/img]
And thx for the ascension-advice, in dont care much about Nalia, naieve lass. If i were rich, damn the poor !!! MWUHAHAHAHA
Old 03-01-2002, 09:22 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I don't normally recommend that people install mods if they haven't even played the normal game yet, but I'd suggest you do install Ascension if you can. It's an awesome mod with very few bugs. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote