Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2003, 12:55 PM   #1
Pikachu_PM
The Magister

This/Last weeks Time Magazine article about G.W. Bush and how everybody in the country either loves him or hates him? It went more in depth, but that was the main point.

Funny thing is, I can see the same thing happening on this forum!! Apparently, Bush and this administration have been credited/blamed (dependning on whose camp your in)with cleaving the remains of any 'union' between the two parties and divided us firmly into two seperate camps.

There is no more sitting on the fecne...words out, you either love him or hate him. As for me, well I've got no real problem with him...I just think it would be best for all involved if he went skydiving without a parachute.

Final note: In the article they polled based on several types of backgrounds...one of them being education. The thing I found most interesting is that people at the highest education levels were much more likely to vote democratic, and people at the lower education levels republican...go figure.

Word of advice to the general public....IF YOU'RE OVER 21 AND DIDN"T GRADUATE HIGHSCHOOL FOLLOW THE LEAD OF THE PEOPLE SMARTER THAN YOU!!!

My name is Pikachu, and this has been my liberal rant.

[ 12-04-2003, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Pikachu_PM ]
Old 12-04-2003, 02:42 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Well, i must be an exception to the rule then. I don't hate Bush, and i don't love him either. In other words, i don't care.
Old 12-04-2003, 03:09 PM   #3
Seraph
Quintesson

Johnny, do you fall under the catagory of "everyone in the country"?

[ 12-04-2003, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Seraph ]
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 04:33 PM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph:
Well, no, but does that mean that i can't have an opinion ?
Old 12-08-2003, 12:26 AM   #5
HolyWarrior
User Suspended for 2 weeks by Ziroc [Dec30]

That's funny, Pikachu--You Dems always go around saying you're the party of the poor and disadvantaged. Why don't you get your story straight? [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img]

[ 12-08-2003, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: HolyWarrior ]
HolyWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 03:53 AM   #6
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph:
I'm with Johnny.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Yorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 05:35 PM   #7
sultan

Quote:
Originally posted by HolyWarrior:
That's funny, Pikachu--You Dems always go around saying you're the party of the poor and disadvantaged.
you know, that's a really good point! dems work so hard at trying to keep welfare and education funding up, and the disadvantaged show their appreciation by voting republican.

the dems ought to stop robbing peter to pay paul and put their money where their bread is buttered!

whoa... [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img] ...too many mixed metaphors
Old 12-09-2003, 04:25 PM   #8
GForce

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Well, i must be an exception to the rule then. I don't hate Bush, and i don't love him either. In other words, i don't care.
[img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2003, 01:48 PM   #9
Pikachu_PM
The Magister

Quote:
That's funny, Pikachu--You Dems always go around saying you're the party of the poor and disadvantaged. Why don't you get your story straight? [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img]
When did I say we weren't the party of the poor and disadvantaged? If you were reffering to my comments on voting patterns based on education...that really doesn't have nearly as much to do with wealth as you think.

In all fairness, on of the reasons for this is that Colleges tend to be much more liberal...so their students come out more liberal. But then, the professors at colleges are the smartest people in our country...and they are liberal. Whats that tell ya?

My major problem with liberalism and the democratic party is that its based a bit to much on ideals. Republican politics are based a bit to much on the hard line 'reality' of life. Both are important...the realities of life must be kept in mind, but so should the attempt to better ourselves and our society.

And none of that takes the government corruption (on both sides) into consideration...have yall seen the new pork spending projects? I've done some studies...if you had any idea where most of your tax dollars were going you'd refuse to pay taxes.
Old 12-12-2003, 01:57 PM   #10
Pikachu_PM
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by sultan:
quote:
That's funny, Pikachu--You Dems always go around saying you're the party of the poor and disadvantaged.
you know, that's a really good point! dems work so hard at trying to keep welfare and education funding up, and the disadvantaged show their appreciation by voting republican.

the dems ought to stop robbing peter to pay paul and put their money where their bread is buttered!

whoa... [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img] ...too many mixed metaphors
[/QUOTE]I'll be the first to admit it's hard to help someone who doesn't help themselves...but then I can't get upset. You've hit on the number one reason I find myself getting angry at Republicans...they are a party for the rich (and there is absolutley nothing wrong with that), but they take advantage of peoples stupidity and get elected with these ad-hoc ideas that harm to people they were told would help.

My favorite example is the "No car tax" campaign in VA years ago...Gilmore used that one slogan to get elected. Idiots actually thought the day he was elected the car tax would be repealed. More to the point, when they did get rid of the tax A) the state ran out of money (Not just because of this, but it helped) B) The car tax actually took money out of poor counties and put it into rich counties. Most of the money from car taxes came from luxury cars...and that money, specifically, was ear marked for development in poorer counties.

As I said, it's hard to help people who won't help themselves. But then, can you blame them when the people who are supposed to be leading them are more like a cattle herder before the slaughter than a sheperd tending his/her flock.