Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2002, 10:42 PM   #1
Chaotic Jester
Welcomed New User

First I would like to thank the kind players who welcomed me to this forum. I have enjoyed reading the forums for quite some time now, and have learned alot. I am looking forward to participating, and offering an knowledg I have to the gaming comunity.... however I do have two questions. what is a powergamer exactly? and is it bad to be one. any knowledge would be appriciated.
Chaotic Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 11:49 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

My understanding of a powergamer is that of one who loves having the biggest weapons and armor and stats, even to the point of hacking his character up so that he is god-like...which makes running through the game incredibly easy, as the monsters don't stand a chance.

The exact opposite is a person who decides he will try to play the enitre game solo, using only leather armor and a stick. Get the idea??

It is not bad to be one, if you enjoy the feeling of nonstopable power. It is bad, if you spent all that money for a game, and not even attempt to live up to its challenges in a real world way. Why then, did you spend all that money, just rush through the game and not worry abou getting hurt or killed.

It all depends on you level of challenge that you are looking for. Again I say...this is my understanding.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 02:10 PM   #3
Durwyn
Elminster

bleeeeh this disgusts me...

My view on this is if someone is a power gamer, then they're just little immature impatient kids who just wasted 40 bucks on a good game... No offence hehe...
Old 01-11-2002, 01:18 AM   #4
Chaotic Jester
Welcomed New User

Thanks again for the info...I think I got the idea now.I played the game normaly and had a great time with them, and they were plenty chalenging.. so I guess I'm doing it right.
Chaotic Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 03:40 AM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

there is another kinda Powergamer, actually Hardcore is a better name for it.

ask mom or KingDutka, you will know what I mean. we press on everything with no rest as far as we can go, and minimum advantage, we take no cheats, exploits no bugs, use as low level as possible to challenge as high level map as we can. me and Garnet started Tales of Loremaster from level 12 with one mage and one fighter (my mage is pre-rolled one), and we beat the place pretty smoothly. it is exciting [img]smile.gif[/img]
250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 08:37 AM   #6
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hardcore is a MUCH better term for that than powergamer, 250. The previous description of POWERGAMER (using editors to hack stats to all 25s, using cheats to generate duplicate copies of the best weapons where only one should exist ... etc.) Thats what comes to my mind when powergamer is mentioned.

HARDCORE gamers are the folks who like to solo thru the combined IWD game on Heart of Fury mode starting with a level 1 character. [img]smile.gif[/img] (although the term Masochist may also apply there as well.)

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 08:40 AM   #7
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hardcore is a MUCH better term for that than powergamer, 250. The previous description of POWERGAMER (using editors to hack stats to all 25s, using cheats to generate duplicate copies of the best weapons where only one should exist ... etc.) Thats what comes to my mind when powergamer is mentioned.

HARDCORE gamers are the folks who like to solo thru the combined IWD game on Heart of Fury mode starting with a level 1 character. [img]smile.gif[/img] (although the term Masochist may also apply there as well.)

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 12:58 PM   #8
Darrell Bowman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hardcore means to me is some one who has good computer and good modem
plays games most of his waking hours if he not at work. a gaming person who like games. Power gamer sounds like someone who uses big azz swords to win.