Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2003, 03:21 PM   #1
peipei_lin
The Magister

Just a quick ask, about annoying windows browsers.

Sometimes when I open up a browser, it is automatically screen-sized. But in some cases, it might go only full-size. Which is a pain in the bottom since I usually click on X (close button) fairly quickly and sometimes going too far away and closed the previous browser...sigh*

Anyone know how to make this thingy FIXED ?
Never will the reality be more grander then dreams...<br />Thats why many people fail. Then again, to those who succeed, they must had dreamed as well...<br />The world is of 2 equal planes, the one we are in, is the one of opposite that is opposite to our plane. It is seemingly difficult to understand, buy would anyone notice? <br /><br />---so sayeth the God of Wisdom<br /> Windspear
Old 02-14-2003, 03:32 PM   #2
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I'll be interested in any answers you get because I have a similar problem. Any windows I open can be moved and resized, and after they are closed and reopen they remember their previous size and position. That is unless I've maximized the window and it doesn't remember it's size and position. So what do I do when I want one to open maximized?

This isn't a problem with normal desktop shortcuts, because I know how to cause them to open maximized by setting it that way in their properties. My problem is with links from "my favorites" list or from internet links on the desktop which don't have that same property page.

[ 02-14-2003, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 02-14-2003, 04:16 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

If I understand what you are referring to...then when you get a miniture screen, set it up in the top-left of your monitor...then grab the bottom right of the window, and drag it toward the bottom right of your monitor. That will manually expand it to full size.
Next, open a new window. Your window should now be full size like it is supposed to be.

I have that happen alot, if I minimize a screen, then close out prematurely before restoring it to full-size.
Old 02-14-2003, 04:20 PM   #4
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I think that might be it for him Larry.

My problem though is that I can manually resize and close, and the size is remembered, but if I maximize and close it doesn't remember. Why won't it remember the maximized setting?
Old 02-14-2003, 05:27 PM   #5
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
I think that might be it for him Larry.

My problem though is that I can manually resize and close, and the size is remembered, but if I maximize and close it doesn't remember. Why won't it remember the maximized setting?
It just doesn´t Ronn! [img]tongue.gif[/img] I´ve had that problem too, it´s dang annoying. All I can come upo with is that maximzing a window is a temporary setting.

OT. Hi Ronn. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] Haven´t seen you in ages. How are you? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2003, 02:57 AM   #6
peipei_lin
The Magister

Larry OHF:

Sorry but I don't quite get you...can you or someone else explain it more clearly again?

btw, I am using XP, if that makes a difference...

THANKS
Never will the reality be more grander then dreams...<br />Thats why many people fail. Then again, to those who succeed, they must had dreamed as well...<br />The world is of 2 equal planes, the one we are in, is the one of opposite that is opposite to our plane. It is seemingly difficult to understand, buy would anyone notice? <br /><br />---so sayeth the God of Wisdom<br /> Windspear
Old 02-15-2003, 12:26 PM   #7
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

What Larry meant was that if your window is odd sized or too small, you need to drag your cursor over one of the bottom corners until it becomes a line with an arrow on each end, then left click and hold while dragging it out to the proper size. Once you have the box resized, you need to exit in order to save the setting. As Willow and I mentioned, you can't just use the maximize button and then close it because that particular configuration won't be saved. Resize the box manually, close it, and then reopen.

Hi Willow, you wraskaly, wegisitry, wanderer! [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]