Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 07:49 AM   #1
cav_again
Manshoon

Played DS2 for the first time a while ago, enjoyed it quite a bit, even though "hack and slash to collect gear like a crack fiend" type games aren't really my style. =P

(****SKIP THIS PARAGRAPH IF YOU DUN WANNA READ A RANT****)
now, I'm trying to collect some sets, but finding it futile. They seem to have stuck with Diablo's tried and true "all the unique/set gear for mages will drop if you're a melee fighter, and all the unique/set melee gear will drop if you're a mage. and that's when I'm lucky enough to get those drops (I often sacrafice stats for gold and magic item drop percentage plus gear). I played Champions of Norath on PS2 (ya, I know, a cheap Diablo rip off, but there was an advantage); best part was it was easy to swap in a "2nd player" (like your mage who got all those great melee drops) and gank his gear for your fighter.
(****RANT OVER. AND IT GOES FOR MOST "Hack 'n Slash" GAMES, I'm NOT HATING ON ANY OF THESE SPECIFICALY.**** I still play D2 occasionaly.=P)

Anyway, someone finish this for me: Ironworks is to BG2 as ________ is to DS2. =P

I'd like something similar to ShadowKeeper for DS2 if it exists, but if not, I'd be glad to settle for a site similar to IW with information about DS2 (official sites don't seem to have much info, and I can't seem to find any sites with decent information like strategies, character builds, quests, etc etc).

thanks
cav_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:42 AM   #2
vesselle
Hathor

LOL! i thot you were comparing it to the old game, dungeonkeeper. *gets misty eyed* i loved slapping those imps around.

okay... i don't know of any shadowkeeper type thing for DS. i think the best you can do is mod the things in that you want, but if your not a modder, game designer or anything like that, it prolly won't work. from what i can tell, you need to know what you're doing as far as that goes.

and i agree. i don't think there are any sites that offer info on strats, builds, etc. the closest you're gonna come to that will prolly be the DS2 forums:
http://www.forumplanet.com/planetdungeonsiege/

they're the only place that's still active and have mod-makers posting, too. maybe someone there can help you out.

V***V