Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2002, 05:19 AM   #1
ZFR
Legion Symbol

i need or for the temple district...
i also need ore to upgrade the mace of disruption...

i know i can give fake ore to the sculpture.. but isnt there a way to give real ore for sculpture and still have ore for the upgrade??
Old 03-14-2002, 05:29 AM   #2
J'aran
Mephistopheles

'Fraid not. You'll have to con Sarles if you want to upgrade the Mace. Don't worry about it too much though, he's a prick anyway, and I don't think that even Keldorn feels bad about giving him the fake.

Of course, you could always cheat in a second lump of real illitium ore, if you really don't want to do it this way.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 05:32 AM   #3
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

OR.... you can create a second lump through cheating.... though Jaran's ways are much better [img]smile.gif[/img]
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 10:08 AM   #4
Sir Exxon
Zartan

SPOILERISH
My suggestion:
Save the ore to the Mace.
If you give the fake ore to Sir Sarles, he will see that it is fake, and then he refuses to make the sculptur. But when you then tell Helm the news, they will just be relieved, cause then they have figured out that they rather would have some modern art... [img]smile.gif[/img]

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 10:42 AM   #5
koconnor100
The Magister

Just go straigth to the docs and get Nebs Head and the ore and ignore the quest. Then they never asked you , you never agreed to anything upgrade the mace and end of story.
Old 03-14-2002, 10:50 AM   #6
Jim
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by koconnor100:
Just go straigth to the docs and get Nebs Head and the ore and ignore the quest. Then they never asked you , you never agreed to anything upgrade the mace and end of story.

Except Neb's not there until you start the quest. He only appears after agreeing to do the quest in the temple of Helm, followed by going to see Sales in the Gov District, followed by going to see the Ore Merchant in Waukeens Promenade and paying her to tell you where her source is, followed by going to see the Dueger in the Copper Cornet and thats only when Neb can be found in his house in the Bridge district [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-14-2002: Message edited by: Jim ]

Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 02:22 PM   #7
Tulle
Elite Waterdeep Guard

about nebs head (out of subject but it sorta came up) what do you do with his head??? i´ve been carrying it in the bag of holding half through the underdark...who should i give it to when i get back to athkkatla??? exp for it? quests??? satisfy my curiosity please!
\"Say hello to my little friend\"<br />- The Axethrower troops in Warcraft 2<br />\"I KNOW ITS NOT 3D!\"<br />- Artanis The Protoss, Starcraft Broodwar<br />\"MILLENNIUM HAND AND SHRIMP!\"<br />- Foul Ole Ron, Discworld Series<br />\"OH MY GOD,THEY KILLED KENNY!\"<br />- Various South Park Characters<br />\"Use the Force, Luke\"<br />- Obi Wan Kenobi, Star Wars<br />\"Dont throw up into the wind\"<br />- Human Captain on Destroyer,Warcraft 2
Tulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 02:26 PM   #8
Wedin

You should go to that big building in the Goverment District, and talk to the guy that stands in some corner or something. I fighter I think.
Old 03-16-2002, 11:19 PM   #9
Kmazi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Wedin:
You should go to that big building in the Goverment District, and talk to the guy that stands in some corner or something. I fighter I think.
Wedin is right, this guy was wanted for killing children or something in baldurs gate, and you'll get a cash reward for turning in his head to one of the guys in the big building in the government discrict, i think you'll also get some exp but i'm not sure, i can't remember.
*Stats*<br />Kmazi- lvl 17 Sorcerer 66 Hp -2 Ac<br />Str- 18<br />Dex- 15<br />Con- 15<br />Int- 15<br />Wis- 10<br />Car- 09<br />Most Powerful Foes Defeated- Thaxll\'ssillyia, Nizidramanii\'yt, and Firkraag<br />Favorite Spells-<br />Level 1- Magic Missile<br />Level 2- Mirror Image <br />Level 3- Ghost Armor<br />Level 4- Stone Skin<br />Level 5- Shadow Door<br />Level 6- Spell Deflection<br />Level 7- Finger of Death/ Mordenkainen\'s Sword<br />Level 8- Abi-Dalzim\'s Horrid Wilting/ Spiralcrum<p>\"Death Comes To Those Who Go Against The Followers Of Kmaz Lord Of All Dragons\"
Kmazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2002, 11:33 PM   #10
Gimlee
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Kmazi:
quote:
Originally posted by Wedin:
Wedin is right, this guy was wanted for killing children or something in baldurs gate, and you'll get a cash reward for turning in his head to one of the guys in the big building in the government discrict, i think you'll also get some exp but i'm not sure, i can't remember.[/QUOTE]You gain 2500 gp and a reputation increase.