Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2001, 07:50 PM   #1
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I've been reading over some of the threads and it struck me how many people seem to believe in re-incarnation. Many also think that each new incarnation teaches them something they need to know.
Now, I am puzzled by a few things.

1)Since the vast majority of people never remember past lives, how can they possibly learn from them?

2)If we are learning anyway, whether we know it or not, how come we are still making the same mistakes the human race has ALWAYS made?

3)Surely, since humanity has been in existence for thousands and thousands of years, and we have all had countless re-incarnations to learn from - why haven't we even learned how to get along with each other? SURELY, with so many thousands of years of learning, this world should be a place of peace, happiness and security by now!

4)What is the point of lots of lives learning and re-learning stuff if it does no good to anyone but yourself?

5)If it is doing everyone so much good, then, newer souls or not, the majority of re-incarnated souls should be pretty darned well-educated by their past lives and able to teach and keep in check the newer ones. It ain't so. The human race seems to be getting worse, not better, and we are doing more damage than we ever did. WHERE is all the WISDOM we should have?

I should be very interested to read your comments on these points!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 05-25-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 05-25-2001).]
Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2001, 08:09 PM   #2
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Not sure about this with incarnation but I have one thought though..

1. Animals have "borned from start" behaviours that they havenīt learned yet, but develpe with out them knowing it.. Genes some say..

2. Because our suroundings change all the time. And no one trust in themslef enough. How many time have you caught yourself wondering if you turned the coffe machine off or not?

3.We havenīt got along becasue we have been to busy killing each other, making new properties, slaving others to our faith, building an egoistic future we think will be safe, we have never leraned it becasue to many donīt care about it...

How well I have answered your questions or not.. Er well.. Hmm, lets just say I have put in some jokes ther too! So donīt take all to serious OK!

------------------

Yawning lazywolf..
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2001, 08:18 PM   #3
Fljotsdale

You always make me laugh, Wolfie!

------------------

Old 05-24-2001, 08:20 PM   #4
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
You always make me laugh, Wolfie!

Iīm glad you didnīt take thi the wrong way, though Iīm actually abit serious of the last one.. Unfortunatley..

------------------

Yawning lazywolf..
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2001, 08:32 PM   #5
Fljotsdale

Yeah... I could see what was serious and what wasn't

Gotta go now. Bed is calling...!

Good night!

GRRR! Damn thing wont give me the colour!
------------------

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 05-24-2001).]

Old 05-24-2001, 08:39 PM   #6
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Fljotsdale, found some really good quotes that might explain some things to you from Sylvia Browne's book, "The Other Side and Back."

"Our purpose in coming here is to learn and to gain knowledge, as the sensing, experiencing extensions of God we all are. I have heard and read different interpretations of this, implying that with each incarnation our spirits "evolve" in an effort to get "closer to God." But that is simply not true. Our spirits were already fully "evolved" when God created them. Because we're part of Him just as He is part of us, there is no such thing as getting "closer" to Him--we're already there.

"I once asked a very wise soul, when I was much younger and going through an especially rough time, why life had to be so hard. She answered with a question: "What have you learned from those times when life was easy?" As much as I hate to admit it, she was right. The old adage "If it doesn't kill you, it'll make you stronger" is true. We don't learn from never having hurdles in our path to begin with; we learn from overcoming the hurdles we are confronted with along the way. That is why our spirits sometimes feel the need to leave The Other Side and come here--to experience and overcome negativity in all its forms and learn from it, and then take that knowledge back Home."

"Once our spirits make the decision to inhabit a human body, we create a blueprint for this life based on what we're most interested in experiencing and learning to overcome in our eternal pursuit of knowledge. That blueprint includes everything from the kind of parents, families, and childhoods we will have to our career paths, health and financial circumstances, sexual preferences, marriages, children, and the length of our lifetime. We also select an "option line," or area in which we feel we have the most to learn and will therefore be especially challenged by while we're here."

OK, in answer to your first question - we do remember past lives (in our subconscious mind) and we have a chart to follow. We are learning everyday from our mistakes.

The answer to your second question is: we're human, that's why we make mistakes. That's what we're here for - to make mistakes and to learn from them. Sometimes we don't learn from them and it takes a long long time before it finally hits us - or that lightbulb goes off in our head.

The answer to the third question is: this is the human race. Humans are not perfect. This world is not perfect. Can you imagine how boring this world would be if there were never any conflicts and if everyone got along with each other? Yes, we all would like to see that. Unfortunately, that will never happen. This is a world of negativity.

Another Sylvia quote - "There is no negativity on The Other Side, no aggression, no ego or jealousy or pride, and no judgment. Those qualities are strictly human-made, not God-made. And those human qualities are exactly why we make the seemingly insane choice of leaving our Home on The Other Side from time to time and trudge through yet another incarnation."

Fljotsdale - also saw this quote in Sylvia's book about animals and remembered that you had said something about animals in my thread about life after death so thought I would share that with you.

"Animals, among God's most perfect creations, are alive and well on The Other Side, too. (And to be honest, if they weren't, I don't think I'd have the slightest interest in going there.) All the animals that exist on earth exist on The Other Side, without fear or aggression, and they are appropriately cherished and respected as the pure, innocent, guileless spirits they are."

------------------

Seeker of Truth
Lady Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2001, 09:31 PM   #7
Charean
Hathor

I would like to add a couple of points to Lady Avalon.. who I agree with btw!...

I think of earth as a school... were it peaceful and we all got along.. there would be no lessons to learn here. It would be void of purpose.

As for why we are reincarnated.. we build on what we have learned. For every lifetime we have.. we build and continue to grow in. There would be no point in not doing so. These are thoughts I have... no proof... but I do have faith. After all, isn't that what any of us really have?

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
The secret is knowing the rules so you can bend/break them selectively!!!
Aquisition master of the Finest of Humours - and the Killer Joke
Musketeer of Fast Fourward
Looking for lost brain - I left it only for a moment....and there it goes... rolling under the table!!
Noticing that the Light has gotten further down a Dark Tunnel than expected... Time to get the Lantern... Knowing sooner or later - I will get to the End of this Tunnel to the Open Air once again...
Charean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2001, 09:40 PM   #8
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Wolfgir, Lady Avalon, Charean - well said, very interesting. Bravo!

------------------

Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.

Happy Member of Fast Fourward.
bilqis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 02:12 AM   #9
CyberPixie

These are just my opinions...my take on the situation.

1) Perhaps it's almost like second nature. I don't "remember" to breathe; I just do it. Perhaps the things we learn in past lives become part of us, so it's not a matter of remembering; it's just our nature.

2) Not all souls are the same "age." Some are newer, some are ancient. The newer souls will still be making the same mistakes that others have had to learn from. Also, just because we learn something doesn't mean we will always practice it. Perhaps we didn't quite get it the first time, so we make the same mistakes in the next life.

3) Again, some souls are newer, some are older. I do believe we learn things from each incarnation, but that doesn't mean we take it with us necessarily. Perhaps we made a mistake this life which causes us to be knocked down a couple of notches; we come back and make some of the mistakes we've made before to try to relearn something we've forgotten.

Again, these are just thoughts right off the top of my head...my initial reactions. I'm sure there are many other opinions out there, and I look forward to reading them!
Old 05-25-2001, 07:36 AM   #10
Lord Shield

Reincarnation:
A few years back, I underwent hypnotic regression (a mate of mine is a professional hypnotherapist). I still remember all 3 lives (the parts I lived in anyway - their last day!).
I appear to alternate between good and bad in lives. I was bad in past life but tried to reform near end (got shot by associates). One much further back was a knight that got over-run in a peasant's revolt. The furthest back was a Druid named Mada - I was obviously a SERIOUS nasty piece of work judging by that day
Without this, I think reincarnation must work by putting you in such an environment as to teach the lesson before mistakes made again

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp