Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2001, 11:29 PM   #1
gandolph

i think they had thier heads up their butts when they where making this game? what's up with the max h.p. and levels? you have 15 hi level creatures comin' at ya and no matter what you die? you can't out run em' and can't kill em' all without losin' your charaters. than you try and rest and have 4 or more creatures kill your guys. i'm sorry, but this is very aggro!!!!! does anyone have any suggestions? please?
Old 02-08-2001, 04:14 PM   #2
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

now now, just cuz you can't play, doesn;t mean it's a bad game

but really, the game draws from AD&D rules; so most of it was figured out years before the game was actually a possibility. As for Max hit points, you can turn that feature on in the game play options. as for creatures kicking your butt; try turning undead with a cleric. maybe try thorwing a dwaff up front while the archers pick off enemies from afar? keep working on the strategy.. also, try resting while paused.. this works well to cut down on encounters.. but can sometimes mess up the memorization of spells
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2001, 04:44 PM   #3
Hesperex

bahhhh I be thinkin this game be to damn easy, argg be just plain hack 'n' slash don't even need a damn mage, use a damn bard for figurin our what dat there new enchanted axe be then be choppin some ugly frost giants hamstring with it. Bahhh this game be simple when stood next to the likes of BG and BG2, not that either of those games are particulary hard, they just are a lot more chalenging than iwd. Maybe it's just me playin to much I dunno but I ardly ever stop and don't offen be showin me axe to the real world damn misserable place thats why gurr none of dem filthy little green skins to chop up and make stew from harhar
Old 02-08-2001, 07:00 PM   #4
SirGwayne

I'd just like to say I like your attitude LEAFY!
Old 02-08-2001, 09:00 PM   #5
G.W.

Pause often. Monsters from afar? Switch to bows and throwing weapons and have everyone hit them before they are close. Monsters close? Switch to your axe/sword and shield. Easy as goblin pie.