Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2004, 04:31 PM   #1
woernman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I`m playing BG II right now with a three-Character team (max-level Monk (me), Aerie (for healing and magical backup - and romance, of course , and Imoen), and so far I have killed two Lichs (under the Bridge, in the sewers), and found a few parts for a golden statue which "emit evil". Since I`m a curious person (and need things to kill... bigger things), I`m tryoing to find the last part - the last Lich. Where is it? And what hapopens if I have all three parts? I`ve read something bout a "Demi-Lich" - that something to worry about?

Besides: What are all the other strongholds? Right now, I only know about Nalias Fortress and this magical... thing in the Slums. Could anyone help me?

Thanks for the help!
woernman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 05:11 PM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Go into the Docks District. The first house next to the stairs. And save before you fight him becuase this is one hell of a Lich.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 05:38 PM   #3
Imrahil
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by woernman:
Besides: What are all the other strongholds? Right now, I only know about Nalias Fortress and this magical... thing in the Slums. Could anyone help me?
Fighters (& Monks & Barbarians) get The Keep, which you already know about.

Paladins get their "stronghold" through the Order of the Radiant Heart.

Rangers get a cabin in the Umar Hills after helping the Mayor.

A Cleric's stronghold is determined by alignment & is gotten through the 3 Temples in the Temple District after you advise some of their worshippers.

Druids get the Druid Grove after helping Cernd in Trademeet (but you have to be level 14 to "challenge" for it).

Thieves get to take over Mae'Var's Guildhouse in the Docks.

Mages (& Sorcerers) get the Planar Sphere.

Bard's get The Playhouse beneath the Five Flagons Inn in the Bridge District after helping out Raelis & Haer Dalis'.

- Imrahil

Edit - left out Druids - no big loss, there... [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-11-2004, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Imrahil ]
Imrahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 08:16 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Bit of a pre-emptive strike here....

woernman, when you find what you're looking for as far as the golden body parts are concerned, you are going to have a difficult fight, which you will lose. You will then Reload, and you will lose again. And again. Understandably, this will annoy you, and you'll make a post to the effect of "What the #&(@ is going on here, why are my party members dropping like flies, etc."

In answer to your next thread topic, I will say this:
Observe closely the ways in which your enemy attacks you.
Find ways to block or evade such attacks.
Learn what will harm your enemy, and what will not.

Surprisingly enough, this advice is actually pretty sufficient to turn a hopeless battle into an easy one. Good luck!