Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2002, 04:18 PM   #1
Charean
Hathor

Ok... I just got settled in an apartment and I bought my new puter. It is a Mac. I can still find Diablo and Baldur's Gate (but not the new expansion yet) and was wondering if there were others out there who are doing the searches online and finding cool games for the Apples.

Maybe I have lost my mind in not just getting another PC... but let me tell you that my monitor kicks butt... and that is why I went with the Mac.
Old 04-04-2002, 04:21 PM   #2
Jorath Calar
Harper

My deepest condolences...
Old 04-04-2002, 04:30 PM   #3
Thoran
Galvatron

Never cared much for Big Mac's... I'm a Whopper guy myself.
Old 04-04-2002, 04:32 PM   #4
Zidane
Manshoon

I have a G4 733 mhz 640mb RAM 40GB HD and Nvidia card

My mac rocks

Eventually you will get the good games after much nagging and emailing the software companies.

To buy Mac games you can go to

www.macgames.co.uk

For advisc on macs, IRE editor for the macs, The Darkest Day and Dark Side of the Sword Coast advice and all the editors etc try

http://ire.mainecoon.net/cgi-bin/IREForum/YaBB.cgi

For advice on your new mac try

http://www.insidemacgames.com/forum/

Cannot think of anymore right at this very moment but email me if you get stuck

Lady Zidane

Oh and another Poster, Sir Goulem (sp) has mac, he can probably help us. Usually on Baldur's Gate II forum.
Old 04-05-2002, 03:25 AM   #5
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

As I told you yesterdy, I have Macs at work, but I prefer the PC´s.. alot.. espacially when it comes to gaming and surfing.

Check some of the Mac forums out there, and also check Amazone and other companies. Mac have a few titles when compared to the PC in gaming.

Mac´s are usually for highend users working in the creative studios and ads and movies. So now I´m awaiting your first movie Charean! A home movie perhaps? Bunnies running around gnawing your putercables! hehe.

Don´t eat the yellow snow
Old 04-05-2002, 07:18 AM   #6
GokuZool
Lord Ao

I used to have one of those really old Macs (the ones before the Power Macs) and you could get heaps of those shareware games . What I don't understand is that how come Macs always have such low mhz! I mean 700mhz! A good Mac is around $3000 (Australian) with 800mhz 20gb 16mb graphic card. For $1999 (Australian) you can buy a PC with 1.8ghz, 20gb, 64mb graphic card and 256ram!
Old 04-05-2002, 03:02 PM   #7
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by GokuZool:
I used to have one of those really old Macs (the ones before the Power Macs) and you could get heaps of those shareware games . What I don't understand is that how come Macs always have such low mhz! I mean 700mhz! A good Mac is around $3000 (Australian) with 800mhz 20gb 16mb graphic card. For $1999 (Australian) you can buy a PC with 1.8ghz, 20gb, 64mb graphic card and 256ram!
The Mac IPC (Instructions Per Cycle) are much higher then comperable AMD/Intel chips. The motorolla chip the Mac's use preform more computations per processor cycle. The Motorolla platform also has a higher system bus speed then the PC's do.

In general, the Mac's do more with less. A dual 800 G4 will kick the $hit out of a P4 in any kind of graphic design or audio work. Be that as it may, I still like the PC much more. The software available on a PC makes it a much better purchase in my opinion.

Charean, the only monitor that Mac has that doesn't have a PC equivalence is the Apple Cinema Display and that's a $2500 display. What kind of monitor do you have that you buy a different kind of computer just to go along with it?
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 04-05-2002, 03:07 PM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Sorry, PC all the way here! Software choices are legion for pc and not so for mac, and frankly there are some great monitors available for pc's too, depends on what one wants to spend!
Old 04-05-2002, 03:08 PM   #9
MagiK

I had a Big Mac for lunch...but now it is gone

Old 04-05-2002, 04:53 PM   #10
Charean
Hathor

[quote]Originally posted by MILAMBER:
Quote:
Charean, the only monitor that Mac has that doesn't have a PC equivalence is the Apple Cinema Display and that's a $2500 display. What kind of monitor do you have that you buy a different kind of computer just to go along with it?
That is what I got... and the dual 1 Gig processors are amazing with the cinema display. I have never seen such colors... but maybe I need to stay off the cheap stuff...

Anywho... found a few games and will be playing soon after I get things organized (amazing how priorities get in the way!)