Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2002, 12:49 PM   #1
Holy Knight Delita
Manshoon

Im compiling a list of the most Jacked up people in all of Faerun, Here are my 2, Feel free to contribute...

1)Xan the Enchanter - Have you ever met anyone as morbid? "Were all doomed...", and "Our Quest is Vain!"

2)Bassilus - Im Speechless, dont even know where to begin, "Nothings more important than family,"
Old 01-04-2002, 07:27 PM   #2
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

Tiax is supposed to be out of his mind, although I have yet to use him myself (just met him and declined his offer to join). Minsc is a obviously a bit "touched." Capt. Bragge is another who, like Bassilus, went mad. In a way, Durlag (well, his ghost anyway) also kind of went nuts.
Old 01-04-2002, 07:49 PM   #3
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Heh I think most of the people in that game are totally loopy.
Scholarcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 08:22 PM   #4
Sorcerer Alex

Bassilus is hilarious. The second I heard him, I just cracked up, he's such a laugh

"Oh brother Thurm, why not grace our ears with a ripping tale of the old days, always a delight...."

Gotta love him
Old 01-04-2002, 09:35 PM   #5
Iluvatar Oakenshield
Manshoon

That guy (what's his name?) outside Candlekeep who wants to jump of the cliffs, he's funny.
"Wherever she dwells I will bid a farewell sigh For she dwells with beauty - beauty that must die And deep inside me I will wait for her return To her enchanting, awe-inspiring flame I'll yearn O lust and rueful thought be mine, My soul enhanced, desires... Melancholy. My heart is thine."

Schwadorf, Empyrium '97
Iluvatar Oakenshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 10:12 PM   #6
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

The guy who wants to jump is named Chase.

Portalbendarwinden is another wingnut.
Old 01-04-2002, 10:43 PM   #7
DAMMEN1661
Welcomed New User

If you got Motaron and Xzar in your party,have one of your party members kill motaron.Xzar's reaction,I personaly think its funny,
"Motaron..I...I,never loved you"
Tip.
If your rep. gets too high they will leave your party,and if you have khalid or jaheira,they will become unclickable,and attack each other.
Just the opposite for Jahiera & Khalid.Its all in their scripts.
Old 01-05-2002, 08:47 AM   #8
SecretMaster
Apophis

Portalbenwinder is very funny, if you say the right text to him. I love that one where you can say to him, OKay, i have just had enough of it. One more wise crack and I'll take a blunt weapon the size of Elminster AND his hat, and shove it down into the very crevice of your throat that not even beasts from the nine hells themselves would not approach it with a 9 inch rusty halberd. Its a very long text, and it makes me laugh. Quayle is very, disturbed. And the little boy demon who wants his dog ruffie. I killed him, but he's insanly tough for guys on level 4 and 5. Ruffie is quite easy though.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 12:29 PM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

For pure insanity, gotta love Xzar, Tiax, and Bassilus. For weirdness, there's the Drunk by the Beregost temple, and Maple Willow Aspen and Borinole Mann in BG. Also, I once role-played a Druid through ToSC, and got into an interesting conversation with a girl named Farthing: She's not old enough to hunt yet, and wanted to know if I was allowed to hunt. I, being a Druid, said that animals should be cherished & respected, not hunted & killed. She thought that was silly--if we didn't eat animals, what would we eat? I then told her of the mystical bush that gives the fruit called Tofufruit, as well as the Sacred Couscous and the Holy Bean Sprouts. "These and other bland, unappealing foods await those who renounce the consumption of flesh." I was busting up! GOTTA love it.

Also, is it me, or did the Mages ALL get great voices? I happen to love Xan's pessimistic tone, Quayle's whiny bragging, and Edwin's hideously inflated ego. Whenever I do an Elven Mage/Thief (which is a lot), I always give him Quayle's voice, and I usually hack his CHA down below 8 to complement it. In the party I've got now, I'm using Quayle's voice, Dynaheir for my Cleric/Mage, and Xan for my Ranger. ("We should all save our effort and just lie down and DIE.")
Old 01-06-2002, 04:14 AM   #10
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

The woman with all the spiders in the cloakwood, the really fat one...she is really really whacked.
Scholarcs is offline   Reply With Quote