Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2002, 06:59 PM   #1
Sir Goulum
John Locke

How many people here print and how many here handwrite? Today we are supposed to make a 101 word thing in handwriting. I'm trying to do it, but its impossible!!!!!
Old 09-05-2002, 07:05 PM   #2
Hesperex

I handwrite ...although I think it's only me that can read the vast majority of it [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]

Old 09-05-2002, 07:58 PM   #3
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

my handwriting could best be described as atrocious, or an affront to writing everywhere
Old 09-05-2002, 08:00 PM   #4
Moni

My handwriting is a combination of both printed letters and cursive letters.
Have fun figuring that one out lol.

Old 09-05-2002, 08:24 PM   #5
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

My 7th grade english teacher used to make us handwrite. Its not difficult at all. The only problem is it gets lead all over my poor hand [img]tongue.gif[/img]
101 words Al? Give me a break, thats like a paragraph of nothing! You can do it [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2002, 09:41 PM   #6
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
My 7th grade english teacher used to make us handwrite. Its not difficult at all. The only problem is it gets lead all over my poor hand [img]tongue.gif[/img]
101 words Al? Give me a break, thats like a paragraph of nothing! You can do it [img]smile.gif[/img]
I can't do it! I want to write more!!!
Old 09-06-2002, 04:32 AM   #7
Epona
Zartan

My handwriting is suspiciously neat and readable [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2002, 04:44 AM   #8
skywalker
Banned User

Ever since I took Architectural Drawing in High School, I've always printed and usually in all caps, with the capitalized letters bigger than the rest. Odd I know.

Mark
Old 09-06-2002, 04:52 AM   #9
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hmm, my handwriting is best described as two crows, drunk and dipping their feet n ink and then dancing, poorly, over a sheet of paper..

Don´t eat the yellow snow
Old 09-06-2002, 05:17 AM   #10
Melusine
Dracolisk

Wow, I can't believe there are kids today who can hardly handwrite! It used to be prophesised by people when I was younger, but I had no idea things were going so fast! Sorry if that sounds dumb, I'm just really surprised to hear this! When I was in secondary school, we did everything by hand and hardly anybody had a computer.
Of course I handwrite - it's usually sloppy, but if I put my mind to it I have quite beautiful handwriting. I practise calligraphy so I can write in most old scripts (texture, bastarda, uncials, italics etc). I also used to be able to imitate people's handwriting. Never used it for mischief but in highschool I had a big teenage crush on this bloke and I could copy his handwriting so well I don't think he himself would have noticed the difference

Edit: LMAO @ Wolfie! Another thing I forgot to mention is that I'm really good at deciphering other people's handwriting. Sometimes teachers had to ask me about my classmates papers
At university I followed a course in Palaeography which was great (deciphered lots of 15th-18th century texts, even some shorthand).

[ 09-06-2002, 05:20 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]