Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2001, 11:15 PM   #1
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

a Quick poll do you prefer the 3ed D&D or the 2ed AD&D, or the 1ed D&D

I personaly prefewr the 2ed AD&D, Mainly cause I know how to you it and I don't feel like trading in all my 2 ed stuff for third ed.
Strahd Von Zarovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2001, 12:29 AM   #2
Ziroc

I usually use 1st. But other times I will use a mixture of 1st and 2nd. 3rd Ed is totally stupid.. changed AC, changed a lot of stuff. Now that HASBRO owns D&D, I guess they think they need to make it easier to understand or something..

SOME things in 3rd Ed are ok, but I still have my 1st Ed DM book, and use it most..

Ziroc
Old 03-31-2001, 01:36 AM   #3
Erekose
The Magister

I prefer 3rd Edition because now they are finally back to the starting point and the classes are well balanced. How long this lasts is another question but the third edition does make quite a few good changes to simplify things. But i found i didn't have the heart to carry over my character from 2nd Edition because the conversion just doesn't work. Cheers
Erekose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2001, 04:15 AM   #4
Moiraine
Anubis

Third edition definitely !

I have played with 1st and 2nd, and so far I feel that most of the complaints I had have been removed.

Take a look here for some insight about AD&D3 rules.

------------------
Moiraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2001, 04:31 AM   #5
Drake
Baaz Draconian

Most of the time I play 3rd edition but I pefer 2nd. The people I play with use 3rd so I find I have little choice.

------------------

Drake A.K.A. bocaj
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 12:29 AM   #6
Azlan
Banned User

Burn 3rd edition.... It is a discourse in DMs pummeling PCs into pulp and then spitting on them when they're down... all fun for the DM, little to no fun for the PCs. The multiclassing rule is cool, no cool furry races and no basic animal: fox (burn in disneyland WotC for that blasphemy!)

I prefer 2nd edition if done with moderation, fairness and control... it can get out of hand if not kept in check.

------------------
Yip!
"You want some? Come get some."
Azlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 05:54 AM   #7
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Azlan:
Burn 3rd edition.... It is a discourse in DMs pummeling PCs into pulp and then spitting on them when they're down... all fun for the DM, little to no fun for the PCs. The multiclassing rule is cool, no cool furry races and no basic animal: fox (burn in disneyland WotC for that blasphemy!)

I prefer 2nd edition if done with moderation, fairness and control... it can get out of hand if not kept in check.

Well we all have the right to an opinion, but I can´t agree with you.

3:ed is much better for players and DM alike. Finally you can do something to teamup, end help even if you ae a wizard of 2:nd level.
Finally fighters has something meaningful to do and well, Rangers rule!!! Hehe, well as both DM and player I have to say I prefer 3:ed over the others. 2:nd ed is still good and well, I like both IWD and BG series so well, better something than nothing..

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2001, 12:25 AM   #8
Azlan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Well we all have the right to an opinion, but I can´t agree with you.

3:ed is much better for players and DM alike. Finally you can do something to teamup, end help even if you ae a wizard of 2:nd level.
Finally fighters has something meaningful to do and well, Rangers rule!!! Hehe, well as both DM and player I have to say I prefer 3:ed over the others. 2:nd ed is still good and well, I like both IWD and BG series so well, better something than nothing..

Very true, we are all entitled to opinions. 3e is a little too rule restrictive, not that 2e isn't. It is easier to bend, mix and meld the 2e system, the 3e basis seems to leave no room for individual tailoring and modifications. The 3e system appears to be written by rules lawyers (ooh, I hate these) and besides, I hate the art work (its well done, I just don't like it).

------------------
Yip!
"You want some? Come get some."
Azlan is offline   Reply With Quote