Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2003, 12:25 PM   #1
Nubilus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, I am new here so i will be short, heve you ever been thinking of going
to FR and being adventurer, if, for example some Archmage opens a portal
to this world. Would you leave everything in this world to become an
assassin, i surely would...
But when bad die were cast<br />We were cast down to die<br />A steeple of needles thrust into our eyes<br />So scholars might say we were blinded by pride<br />Like the sin of Our Father...<br /><br />
Old 03-30-2003, 12:30 PM   #2
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Welcome to the Forums! As for going to Forgotten Realms, I would be too old and slow, but I go there in imagination, and write about it.
Old 03-30-2003, 12:39 PM   #3
Vedran
Lord Soth

My cousin keeps bugging me about it every time we converse about FR.
But it would be nice anyway, going to a world where dangerous critters roam the land, unscrupulous politicians rule the peoples (nothing new) and jealous gods compete over followers. There would be no savegame feature and death would be a very real danger .
Are you sure you're dexterous enough to be an assassin?

Anyway, virtual reality is developing quite fast and we should be able to "go" to FR by means of VR in a few years.
Old 03-30-2003, 12:44 PM   #4
Vedran
Lord Soth

Hmmmm. Apparently, you are my cousin. Hello, Sky.
Your location and birth date gave you away.

[ 03-30-2003, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: Vedran ]
Old 03-30-2003, 12:50 PM   #5
Sigmar
Unicorn

Welcome aboard Nubilus.

Yep I would, me my sword and a whole lotta adventure (preferrably with a group of friends and more adventure!). I would love too

Sure the quality of life would be way worse but hey there's the downsides and the positive side of life.
Old 03-30-2003, 06:51 PM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I don't know anybody who still go to FR. been a long time already.
Old 03-31-2003, 03:51 AM   #7
Legolas
Jack Burton

I tried it once, but believe me, seeing and smelling a goblin up close is scarier than you'd think. I had to take the portal home almost instantly as I soiled myself and had to get changed. By the time I was finished, the gateway was closed again

Welcome to the Ironworks, Nubilus! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Old 03-31-2003, 06:10 AM   #8
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I dont know about FR, but I have been to Krynn, I want to go back! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/shine.gif[/img] Welcome to IW Nubilus [img]graemlins/shine.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2003, 05:15 PM   #9
Flaming Fist Enforcer
Drow Warrior

Hey, man! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] WELCOME TO IRONWORKS [img]graemlins/hippysmile.gif[/img] I'm glad you're finally here! How's it goin'?

Ofcourse, I'd like to go there, though it really might be dangerous, as Legolas said. You should just get some allies quickly so that if you get in a big fight (you know your party can't win), you can just run away and leave the enemies deal with the rest of the party.

I'm not a coward, I just think that it's better to run like a coward and live, but to fight as a hero and die. That's just me - a neutral evil char. Anyway if that would be possible, I'd probably be some kind of a knight. Not a pal, but sooner a fallen paladin.
Old 04-01-2003, 06:27 AM   #10
Nubilus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for answers and welcome, i am glad that I relly got mz post answered!
Vedrane bas si tuljan. *hahahaha
But when bad die were cast<br />We were cast down to die<br />A steeple of needles thrust into our eyes<br />So scholars might say we were blinded by pride<br />Like the sin of Our Father...<br /><br />