Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2003, 08:26 PM   #1
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

From here--> http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?click...0B265&set_id=1
Quote:
Woman gang-raped twice in one day

January 02 2003 at 07:40AM

A 29-year-old East Rand woman was gang-raped twice in the early hours of New Year's Day N first by two knife-wielding attackers and again by five other armed men when she went to report the first attack.

East Rand police Superintendent Andy Pieke said the woman was walking with a male friend in the township of Dikatole around 12.15am on Wednesday when they were approached by the two men armed with knives.

The friend apparently fled, and the two men dragged the woman away from the road and raped her.

When they had left she walked to the local police station to report the matter, but on the way she was attacked again by five men armed with knives and firearms. All five raped her and fled.

Police are investigating, said Pieke.

In another incident around 12.45am on Wednesday near the Gonogeng Primary School in Kwa-Thema, a 21-year-old woman was walking home with eight men.

She told police that all eight men raped her, and supplied the names of two of them.

Police had opened a rape docket, said Pieke.
WTF is wrong with people these days?? In the first incident the woman was with a friend that LEFT HER!!! What kind of coward runs and leaves a woman in the hands of 2 armed men?? I think the friend should be locked away as an accesory to the crime. How can someone just run away and not try to stop something like this?
The other 2 incidents just make me ill. How can such large groups think that it is ok to rape women?? How can not one of thoes 8 men try to stop it? Dont people have any kind of decency anymore?? Where have all of the real heros gone?? Things like this make me afraid to let my wife out of my sight.
Old 01-06-2003, 08:30 PM   #2
Animal
Gold Dragon

I ask myself that same question everyday, "WTF is wrong with some people." Some parts of society seem to be mobing towards a "me, me, me" mentality with very little or no respect or regard for others.
Old 01-06-2003, 08:34 PM   #3
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

I know, it's mental. There were a spate of similarly shocking pack rapes here recently. Many were arrested and went to trial with the ringleader of one group getting 55 years - an unprecedented but justified scentance IMO.

It's one of the most cowardly and repugnant crimes possible. I actually think rapists should get life imprisonment, no parole, but maybe tougher terms will get the message through to some? Hope so.
Old 01-06-2003, 08:38 PM   #4
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Leonis:
I know, it's mental. There were a spate of similarly shocking pack rapes here recently. Many were arrested and went to trial with the ringleader of one group getting 55 years - an unprecedented but justified scentance IMO.

It's one of the most cowardly and repugnant crimes possible. I actually think rapists should get life imprisonment, no parole, but maybe tougher terms will get the message through to some? Hope so.
I tend to disagree with having to support rapists with my hard earned tax money, so they can sit in prison for the rest of their miserable lives. Personally, I figure the rapist should be put to death. Period. There is no excuse for rape.

[ 01-06-2003, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: Animal ]
Old 01-07-2003, 12:33 AM   #5
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

[oldtimey folk voice]well i blame it on the TV and the Radio and the Computer thingies, why back in my day All we had was nothing and we were glad to get it! And we were raised up all disciplined like so our children could later be molested by the preists who'm we trusted for guidance[/oldtimey folk voice]

-_- . . . oh ... right...

well darned if ya do and darned if ya don't!
Old 01-07-2003, 05:31 AM   #6
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Too many people. Populations too vast to control. The good can no longer keep the bad in check through watchful eyes. Cities spreading with unprecedented speed. Too many nooks and crannies for human repugnance to hide and fester in.
Old 01-07-2003, 07:20 AM   #7
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

That's horrible and disgusting!

This isn't one sick individual, but a group of people who got together and thought, "this would be fun." How can people have gone so completely wrong?
Old 01-07-2003, 07:25 AM   #8
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
The good can no longer keep the bad in check through watchful eyes.
Did they ever?
Old 01-07-2003, 08:09 AM   #9
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
quote:
Originally posted by Leonis:

I tend to disagree with having to support rapists with my hard earned tax money, so they can sit in prison for the rest of their miserable lives. Personally, I figure the rapist should be put to death. Period. There is no excuse for rape.[/QUOTE]The problem is deciding when it is rape and when it isn't. Imagine if two people had sex then they had a fight and the woman decided to scream rape. Perhaps the court would lean towards believing her becuase of prejudices and then the man would be put to death for no reason? Death sentence is not the answer.

I think they should bring back corporal punishment though. Not like cutting off parts of your body but whipping should be brought back. It would be a bloody good deterrent I think.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-07-2003, 12:02 PM   #10
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

I can see your point , Vaskez , but there is a big diffrence between 1 man and 8 men. I still dont understand how a group of people that large all though that rapeing an innocent woman was a good idea. How do you punish something like that?? Death seems like the easy way out, but tortureing them like they tortured that poor woman is socialy unacceptable. That thought makes it even worse, that there are people out there who will argue that the 8 rapeists still have rights. What about the right of women everywhere to go where they want without the fear of being attacked? What happened to that right??