Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2002, 06:16 PM   #1
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Just so you all know, the topic icon is a scream of extreme agony.
Yesterday afternoon, just as I was getting out of English class to be precise, I had this stiff feeling in my neck. Chemistry class it got worse. I found out later I'd pinched a nerve, and gosh darn it all, I wish I hadn't! Do you all know when this might blow over? It is hard for me to lie down, not to mention the fact that I have to turn my entire body when I look right.

Ow, ow, ow..
Old 11-16-2002, 06:18 PM   #2
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

That's happened to me a couple of times. It usually goes away in a couple of days. Just sit tight (no pun intended) for a few days and it'll all be gone.
Old 11-16-2002, 08:54 PM   #3
Charean
Hathor

A couple of things you can do, actually.
I have done worse.

See a massage therapist, they can work out the muscle so it isn't pinched.

Do some stretches. Very slowly and carefully. Working out the muscles is truly a help.

Good luck.
Old 11-16-2002, 08:56 PM   #4
Ace of Spades
The Magister

Hot shower. Slowly increase the heat until it's nearly scalding, GENTLY rubbing the spot to help ease the tension.
Old 11-16-2002, 08:59 PM   #5
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

forget hot shower... take a warm/hot BATH! soothe away the nerves
Old 11-16-2002, 09:02 PM   #6
Ace of Spades
The Magister

Nah, not for a pinched nerve in the neck. Unless he has a very large tub, he'd have to sink too low to heat up the damaged area. And the water doesn't stay as hot in a bath. Plus, the pelting of the water drops -- especially if you have decent water pressure from the showerhead -- can give a relaxing mini-massage.
Old 11-16-2002, 09:07 PM   #7
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

idea! ok saw this item at the show. someone was selling brown rice-filled packs. you heat it in the microwave up to an safe temperature and can lay it across the neck.
a rolled-up pillowcase filled with 6 cups of rice should do it.
Old 11-16-2002, 09:15 PM   #8
Ace of Spades
The Magister

Those rice filled packs actually work fairly well. They hold the heat for a good amount of time, and they can be reheated several times over. But they do smell of steamed rice.
Old 11-16-2002, 09:18 PM   #9
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Spades:
Those rice filled packs actually work fairly well. They hold the heat for a good amount of time, and they can be reheated several times over. But they do smell of steamed rice.
So throw some soy sauce on and eat it when your done! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2002, 10:54 PM   #10
The Ornery One
Drow Warrior

If you want to keep that from being as likely to happen again, you might need a new mattress or new pillow. That might not keep it from happening again, though. Gotten that kind of can't-turn-your-head-to-one-side pain from sleeping on my back with my head turned, but some of those chairs they have in school can make your back or neck hurt, too.
Those weird looking little wood or plastic things can feel suprisingly good, if you can get someone to rub the aching spot for you.