Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2002, 01:45 AM   #1
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

Does anyone know of any *free* MP3 to CD wav file converters? I have downloaded several trial versions but they only allowed me to convert 10 or so then I had to fork over money I dont have to get more and lately I have been trying to make music CD's that can be played on a normal CD player from all the mp3's I have on my comp.
Old 10-08-2002, 05:39 AM   #2
Grojlach
Zartan

I think CDEx is free... You can find it at http://www.download.com , just perform a search for it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2002, 05:48 AM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

You can burn mp3 on a cd with nero burning rom, and then play it on a normal cd player, but there is a litle problem with cd players. If they are too old, they won't be able to run your burned cd.
Old 10-08-2002, 05:57 AM   #4
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

Ah yes, I have nero but the problem is that in order for it to burn an MP3 as a CD you have to have at least 1 data file on it! Is there any other option that with convert it for me and allow me to have ONLY music on it? If so what is it called?
Old 10-08-2002, 06:00 AM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Files>New>Audio CD
Old 10-08-2002, 06:15 AM   #6
Melusine
Dracolisk

[img]graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img] Wow, that sig looks great Luvian! Really unsettling to see the red letters scrawled over your old sig, very original! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

The program that Groj mentions, CDex, is what I use myself. You can use it to convert tracks into wav or MP3 straight from the CD, or convert MP3 into wav and vice versa. So far it's worked for me! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-08-2002, 06:16 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 10-08-2002, 06:16 AM   #7
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

Uhu... Last time I tried that it didnt convert them into CD but maby Im thinking of a different option... If I knew what a sheepish grin looked like I would be smiling with one... *Hits head on table*

[ 10-08-2002, 06:17 AM: Message edited by: Dagorion ]
Old 10-08-2002, 06:19 AM   #8
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks Melusine! I just finished it.

All those graphical sigs where putting mine to shame, so I thought it was time to upgrade.
Old 10-08-2002, 06:50 AM   #9
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Music Match will do that for you. Just download the free version. The program doesn't limit how many files you can convert, it limits burning speed on the free version, but you can always use something else to burn them

[ 10-08-2002, 06:51 AM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 10-08-2002, 06:53 AM   #10
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Dagorion:
Uhu... Last time I tried that it didnt convert them into CD but maby Im thinking of a different option... If I knew what a sheepish grin looked like I would be smiling with one... *Hits head on table*
Normally, when I start up Nero Burning Rom, I immediately get a wizard asking me if I wish to burn an audio or a data CD... Can't really be any more straightforward than that.