Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2002, 09:46 AM   #1
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Thanks for all the input guys. I ordered the card yesterday, and FedEx picked it up late yesterday afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Special thanks to skywalker for turning me on to newegg.com because they had the best deal. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

I went with the GeForce 4ti 4400

WinFast A250 TD

Features

Nvidia 4th-generatioin 256-bit GeForce4 Ti 4400 GPU
nfiniteFX™ II Engine
128MB world's fastest DDR Memory
8.8 GB/sec Memory Bandwidth
Accuview Antialiasing™
4.4 Billion AA samples per second fill rate
125 million vertices/sec Peak Vertex Processing Rate
1.12 trillion operations/sec
High-quality HDTV/DVD playback
Nvidia video Processing engine (VPE)
Full acceleration for Microsoft DirectX 8.1 and OpenGL 1.3 ICD
Comprehensive AGP 4X support
Integrated 350MHz RAMDAC, resolution up to 2048x1536, True Color @ 60Hz
On-board TV-out support up to 1024x768
On-board DVI support up to 1600x1200 resolution
WinFastDVD, Colorific, 3Deep, True Internet Color and Cult3D included
On-board Bi-Turbo Cooling System with Anti-Dust Filter Design
Leadtek WinFox system Utility
Default clock speed 275/550 Mhz core/memory
2 Full Game Bundled (DroneZ and Gunlok)
Leadtek Value-Added features

128MB Memory onboard

Support RCA & S-video TV-out

Special Designed Active Cooling Module

On-board TV-out support both RCA and S-video up to 1024x768 resolution.

More info here

Even MORE info and a review here

There were some cheaper and others more expensive, but this one had the most buyer feedback, and it was all positive.

It should be here by the weekend. Woo-Hoo!

Oh yeah, it was $190, but that included free shipping.

[ 09-25-2002, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 09-25-2002, 10:01 AM   #2
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Great then you can play all the games today hehe! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2002, 11:17 AM   #3
Keraptisdm
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
Thanks for all the input guys. I ordered the card yesterday, and FedEx picked it up late yesterday afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Special thanks to skywalker for turning me on to newegg.com because they had the best deal. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

I was glad to see you post those questions, because I was in the market for additional memory and a new graphics card myself. So I read your thread, and got most of the information I needed. I ordered the memory and the ATI Radeon 8500LE card from crucial.com. But my current graphics card is internal to the motherboard, and I have no AGP slot, so I have to use a PCI expansion slot. Put the memory in last night. Once you and I are up and running, look out gaming world!!
Old 09-25-2002, 11:45 AM   #4
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Keraptisdm:
Once you and I are up and running, look out gaming world!!
We'll definately be dangerous...lol!

I'm still running 256mg rdram and will wait until after installing the card to decide how soon to upgrade to 512mg. I want to for sure, but I'd like to wait a month or so.

I wish crucial sold rdram because they are super. Last year I bought 128mg ram for my HP Pavilian for only $17 [img]graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img]

[ 09-25-2002, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 09-25-2002, 02:36 PM   #5
MagiK

Hey B-Man...so when you gonna get that 22" flatscreen monitor so you can use that thing at 2048x1600 resolutions? The quest never ends [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-25-2002, 02:50 PM   #6
Keraptisdm
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:

I'm still running 256mg rdram and will wait until after installing the card to decide how soon to upgrade to 512mg. I want to for sure, but I'd like to wait a month or so.

I wish crucial sold rdram because they are super. Last year I bought 128mg ram for my HP Pavilian for only $17 [img]graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img] [/QB]
Yeah, they have great prices. $109 for that graphics card I bought. I upgraded to 256M memory from 128M. I'm still running Windows 98 and was told that it doesn't really use memory over 256M and additional memory actually boggs down the processor. It's great to have a forum like this to help with our questions.

Give us a follow-up post on the results when installed.
Old 09-25-2002, 03:32 PM   #7
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Hey B-Man......The quest never ends [img]smile.gif[/img]
Oh how true...

Check out my new thread on power supplies...lol.

Will do on the update Keraptisdm [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[ 09-25-2002, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 09-26-2002, 07:28 AM   #8
Keraptisdm
Elminster

Hey Ronn_Bman don't do what I did last night! Ratzafratza. My current graphics "card" is on-board the motherboard. I was instructed by Compaq to change graphics setting to Standard VGA prior to installing new card. I did that, rebooted and it was in Standard VGA mode. Good. Shut down computer, take off cover, go to place new graphics card in and...IT DOESN'T FIT. I don't have a AGP slot and the ATI Radeon 8500LE is designed to go into the AGP slot. It will NOT go into the PCI slots. Ratzafratza. Oh well, I can exchange it for a different one, I'm thinking. Close up machine, turn on, computer starts to boot, see Compaq and Windows logo and then the monitor goes blank! Monitor power light goes from green to amber. Computer continues to boot. Augh! Don't panic, I'm frantically saying. So I reboot computer in Safe Mode. Ok, I'll reset the graphics to the original. It appeared that the graphics setting was already back to the original Intel device, but then it states it's an unrecognized device. Ugh. So I posted a request for assistance to Compaq this morning.

For your sanity's sake, make sure your new graphics card will fit in the machine PRIOR to changing any settings. Don't be like me. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2002, 07:47 AM   #9
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Keraptisdm:

For your sanity's sake, make sure your new graphics card will fit in the machine PRIOR to changing any settings. Don't be like me. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
Sorry to hear about your troubles.

My current card is in an AGP slot, so I'll be alright on that end, but I'm looking at a new power supply.
Old 09-26-2002, 08:29 AM   #10
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

hmm well if you ever want to play Warcraft III and Neverwinter Nights with somone, both at the same time, I'll be glad to [img]tongue.gif[/img]