Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2003, 08:12 AM   #1
MagiK

;D
Good News
  • New Single Family housing starts are at a historic all time high.
  • Inflation is at a record low.
  • Interest rates are at a 38 year low.
  • Consumer Price Index is down for the entire year (meaning the price we pay for goods
    and services is lower).
  • GDP is up (meaning we are producing more).
  • Corporate Earnings (for both large and small cap. types) is up 30%. (Corporations aren’t just giant organizations, there are many small organizations that incorporate, as well as individuals).
  • The S&P is up 23 percent on the year
  • The S&P industrials sub-index has gained nearly 10 percent just since September. (Illustrating the renaissance in American business investment and production.)
  • Since August, industrial production has grown at an outsized 7.8 percent annual rate.
  • Computer and office equipment has surged 32.6 percent.
  • The high-tech index of computers, communications equipment, and semiconductors has exploded at a 50.7 percent annual pace. Did someone say capital expenditures?
  • America's businesses are producing at a torrid 8 percent rate without generating any inflation.
  • Corporate Hiring is up, and reports say that it will jump markedly in January.
  • Jobs have increased by any where from 100,000 to 300,000 depending on the source.
  • Unemployment is at 6% and falling (with 3% being completely un-employable this means only 3 in 100 employable people are out of work). (compared to double digits in many nations and to the US during the Carter Administration).
  • The DOW is over 10k and climbing. (contrary to uninformed opinions the stock market is important to normal people for many reasons. A climbing DOW is a major index companies use to decide to expand their business and hire more workers. Over 49% of workers in the US have holdings in the stock market via 401k, 403b, IRA and other retirement vehicles.
  • It has been more than 2 years since 9/11/01 and not a single repeat has even come close, despite many threats by Osama Bin Laden and other A.Q. persons. Obviously a good
    job is being done by the current administration and the federal people involved.
  • The Iraq war was concluded with a record low number of casualties. Most of the
    High Priority targets of interest have been captured or killed. The effectiveness of
    Iraqi hardliner fanatics has dropped, and despite pin prick attacks success in rebuilding Iraq is going well.
  • The latest Wall Street Journal/NBC opinion survey shows that a solid majority of Americans — 62 percent to 32 percent — believe the war in Iraq has made the U.S. safer and more secure.
  • France and Germany have both announced that they will be forgiving, in part at least Iraq’s debt.
All in all right now, it is sweet to be an American.
The potential for a major expansion of tax-free savings accounts, privately invested Social Security choices, across-the-board corporate tax reform, an end to frivolous anti-business lawsuits, and free-trade agreements in Central and South America will all be possible in a second Bush term. And the Iraqi beachhead for representative government, human rights, and market economics will transform Middle Eastern politics and spread to other dark corners of the world.

News of Note:

EU Politicians vote themselves a 30% pay increase.

Mexican-American Seperatists don’t believe Saddam has been captured. Claim it is all a hoax.

The Midnight Showings of RotK posted roughly $8 Million which is a very good thing .

Madeline Albright now claims her accusation that. “the Administration had Osama Bin Laden in custody and was keeping it a secret until it could be used to the best political use by Bush.” Was just a joke.

Credits for stats and figures go to a wide variety of sources including but not limited to: NY Times, Washington Post, NRO, World Net Daily, Wall Street Journal, MSNBC, ABC World NEWS and others. Much of the commentary was my own.
Old 12-19-2003, 09:03 AM   #2
Donut
Jack Burton

"The Iraq war was concluded with a record low number of casualties."

This is difficult to believe. Do you have a link comparing the Iraq War to other conflicts? Is the war now over? Mission Accomplished?

I understand there have been over 10,000 deaths alone and huge numbers of casualties.

"It has been more than 2 years since 9/11/01 and not a single repeat has even come close, despite many threats by Osama Bin Laden and other A.Q. persons."

Not a single repeat? Oh! You mean in the US! I get it.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 09:23 AM   #3
Donut
Jack Burton

BTW - welcome to Ironworks. We had another member called MagiK but he was de-registered (not sure why!) I thought you were him at first!

[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 12-19-2003, 09:37 AM   #4
MagiK

Why would you think I am not him? All of my information is exactly the same...I suppose my sig is a bit different than it was before, but that is just because I don't remember what it was before.

As for deregistered, I asked to have the account deleted as I had grown tired of some of the issues and wanted a break from the non-stop attacks on christians, the US Conservatives and the President. I know these things have not changed, but I wanted to be able to post in the gaming forums again so that when I got stuck in HotU I could find help. I was pleased to see your recent admission of unwarrented hatred for George Bush. Nice to see some honesty.

The WAR in Iraq was concluded some time ago, there were record low casualties never before in history have so few been injured in such a broad conflict, as YOU yourself well know. If you believe my statements are false, post the information proving it, I see no reason to do your research for you.
What is left is called rebuilding, and rounding up stragglers.

As for my list it is good news....for the US, yes. Some would argue that a strong and robust US is a good thing for everyone...but I don't care.
Old 12-19-2003, 09:57 AM   #5
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Why would you think I am not him? All of my information is exactly the same...I suppose my sig is a bit different than it was before, but that is just because I don't remember what it was before.

Your post count is only 5.

As for deregistered, I asked to have the account deleted as I had grown tired of some of the issues and wanted a break from the non-stop attacks on christians, the US Conservatives and the President.

Never attacked Christians. Never attacked US conservatives merely for holding their views. Never attacked the US President (until this one)

I know these things have not changed, but I wanted to be able to post in the gaming forums again so that when I got stuck in HotU I could find help. I was pleased to see your recent admission of unwarrented hatred for George Bush. Nice to see some honesty.

It isn't unwarranted and hatred is too strong a word. Loathing covers it.

Some honesty from you would be nice Magik. You re-registered simply to post this thread. I know this for a fact because I've been anticipating this thread being posted for the last 24 hours. I read it when you originally posted on another forum, when you further stated:

"Well yeah.....I even am thinking about making a guest appearence at another forum to post this"

The WAR in Iraq was concluded some time ago, there were record low casualties never before in history have so few been injured in such a broad conflict, as YOU yourself well know. If you believe my statements are false, post the information proving it, I see no reason to do your research for you.

In the past that generally meant that you had no proof. I've done the research but was unable to corroborate your assertion.

As for my list it is good news....for the US, yes. Some would argue that a strong and robust US is a good thing for everyone...but I don't care.

I agree. But why is it good news for the US that the EU Commissioners have had a salary raise?
[ 12-19-2003, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: Donut ]
Old 12-19-2003, 10:31 AM   #6
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

Your post count is only 5.

Yeah well I was kind of surprised about that myself. but I was never in it for the post count any way...sooo no biggie.

Never attacked Christians. Never attacked US conservatives merely for holding their views. Never attacked the US President (until this one)

Umm I did not mean to imply that it was YOU or only you that was the cause. I was generalizing. (some people seem to think it is a sin to use generalizations....I don't)

It isn't unwarranted and hatred is too strong a word. Loathing covers it.

Perhaps I misread..I could have sworn I saw you use the word hate...Apologies if I misremember. If you had used the term "HATE", then "Unwarrented" or even "Irrational" would have applied since you have never met him, don't know him personally and are not directly influenced by him....Dislike, disagree with, loathing..I suppose on the other hand are reasonable and fall under the catagory of rational opinion.

Some honesty from you would be nice Magik. You re-registered simply to post this thread. I know this for a fact because I've been anticipating this thread being posted for the last 24 hours. I read it when you originally posted on another forum, when you further stated:

Actually ask Cerek, I posted about being stuck in HotU long ago (at the place where you learned of this thread in advance) and needing help, I also discussed needing other hints and wanting to help other gamers who had posted. This thread is all NEW. SO I am now as always being honest with my reasoning.

It is actually kind of flattering that you watchedme so closely that you knew of the pposts I made...but why not admit the earlier posts about needing gaming help? Odd.

"Well yeah.....I even am thinking about making a guest appearence at another forum to post this"

See also on the same board:

Re:HotU talk....hints? tips? Cheats?
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2003, 07:30:15 AM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAMMIT! Im stuck on Undermountain level 2 The "failsafe" lock has me stymied as well as three levers in the north part that I have no idea what they do

Untill I find someone else who knows how to get through or I get the cheat guide....im not goin any further (oh and I have died twice....remember to use the quick save often.

In the past that generally meant that you had no proof. I've done the research but was unable to corroborate your assertion.

I have no idea what you are talking about, when I say do your own research means Im too lazy to do it for you and that I am quoting a source I trust.

I am very sure that it would be easy to find stats on the Korean, Vietnam, World War II and World War I body counts As well as Gulf War 1.

Oh I will say that perhaps I might have phrased it "US Casualties"

I agree. But why is it good news for the US that the EU Commissioners have had a salary raise?

If you look closely, you will note that the EU entry comes under a seperate and alltogether different heading...titled "News of Note" and was on the headlines the day I made the post.

[/QUOTE]

[ 12-19-2003, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]
Old 12-19-2003, 10:37 AM   #7
MagiK

I see that hate was a term someone else used, your quote

"I don't have bias against George Bush and his gang, what I have is contempt and loathing.

When the US sneezes the rest of us catch a cold."

did not use it. So my mistake. However I would contend that your loathing and contempt leads to bias.

I post this not to derail my own good news wich I see we are not really addressing so Im going back on topic and will post even more good news in the near future. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-19-2003, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]
Old 12-19-2003, 10:39 AM   #8
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

MagiK, he's baiting you. Donut, I notice you haven't welcomed him back yet. Very unneighborly. A conservative - of which we have too few - returns and you immediately start a cat fight. Whatever, I've got better things to do than read this crap.

[ 12-19-2003, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 12-19-2003, 10:47 AM   #9
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
MagiK, he's baiting you. Donut, I notice you haven't welcomed him back yet. Very unneighborly. A conservative - of which we have too few - returns and you immediately start a cat fight. Whatever, I've got better things to do than read this crap.

Sure he is TL [img]smile.gif[/img] Im not blind But he sort of did welcome me in his second post.

And to be completely honest, posting this "good news" is kind of baiting all the Bush haters because it shows that many of their recent posts were innacurate, or untrue......be that as it may [img]smile.gif[/img] I got off easier than expected since it was easy to cover all the stuff tossed in to the ring...sort of like someone getting a "softball" interview with Diane Sawyer.

[ 12-19-2003, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]
Old 12-19-2003, 10:50 AM   #10
Seraph
Quintesson

Quote:
The Iraq war was concluded with a record low number of casualties.
Record low compared to what?
There have been more then 2,800 casualties in the Iraq war, hardly something to be excited about.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote