Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2002, 07:18 AM   #1
Neb
Account deleted by Request

So, has anyone found anything bad about Morrowind yet? [img]smile.gif[/img] I haven't found anything at all. Except that the game is made too damn well, I can't put the bloody thing down [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And the dungeons are just a bit too spooky. I mean, damn, these crypts, that background chanting.... *shudders*

The only improvement I could think of would be a multiplayer mode. Nothing huge, just a 2-6 player thing or such, they'll occasionally run into each other and can fight together, or against each other as they want.

Hmmmm..... Anyone up for starting a petition that Bethesda make an expansion later on to implement that?
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 09:04 AM   #2
Finnwop
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Those damn birds... sure there's a plug in to get rid of them, but they're still hard coded in certain areas... that noise.. that horrible noise. I can still hear it in the darkness. AHAHHAHAAAAAAAAA!

The other thing would be my seemingly constant ability to fall through floors. Since they didn't make the floors thicker then the minimum possible the slightest overlap can send you plummeting to your death, or stuck somewhere you can't get out of. I've gotten to the point I save every few minutes when I'm in Vivec or before I even think about going into the mages guild in Balmora. Which really starts to limit your enjoyment of the game, when you complete that quest and are running back in victory, trip, fall through the freaking floor and the ceiling and then smash on the floor and die as if you'd fell for ten stories. Really puts the image of Nerevar in a new light... Savoir of Morrowind, and he prone of death due to tripping on shoe lace. At least it must be funny to watch for others.
Finnwop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 10:39 AM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

emmm..I like the hugeness of morrowind. ( this is what I want might and magic series to be like ). I like the graphic, I like the lots of quest. the water and the sky.

what I don't like is people still wandering the streets at night, same dungeon design in all dungeon in morrowind, bad music, too less monster variety, cartonic people ( when they stand near water ), not much choice is major sotryline ( you must do what they told you ), bad ending.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 11:55 AM   #4
Neb

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
What I don't like is people still wandering the streets at night,
I remember in Daggerfall, they had schedules of sorts. Shops would close at night and such, the streets would be empty. But it sucked in a way, you'd constantly have to wait till dawn for the stores to open and there was never anyone around to ask for directions at night.

Quote:

same dungeon design in all dungeon in morrowind,

Well, only Dark elves live on Yvardenfell, really, so there's more or less only one culture making dungeons. Except of course for the Daedric shrines and the Dwemer/Dwarven ruins.

Quote:
bad music,
I think that the music rules

Quote:
[QB]
too less monster variety,
Haven't experienced much of that myself, so far. But come on, it's only a single island. How many species of monsters can dwell there without everyone getting slaughtered? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Quote:
[QB]
cartonic people ( when they stand near water ),
Huh? What? [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]

Quote:
[QB]
not much choice is major sotryline ( you must do what they told you ),
Perhaps you just haven't discovered the alternate ways of doing things [img]tongue.gif[/img] And there aren't really any games that aren't like this, if anything, most games are MORE like that.

Quote:

bad ending.
Can't comment on this...... Yet [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Finnwop, perhaps you should install the patch? I've played for about five days now and I haven't had a single fall through a floor [img]smile.gif[/img] I have the patch, so that might be it.
Old 07-08-2002, 12:02 PM   #5
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

One of my biggest complaints is that this game is too easy. Somebody I know posted this on another board I go to and it echoes my sentiment exactly:

"The game is simply too easy. Without cheating or stealing i am a walking demi-god. At levels +20 you can slay everything by just looking at it. (or so it feels). I heard stories by people just letting themselves standing in a depression with monsters all about while constantly healed by magic items while the man/woman behind the computer went for a quick snack, groceries and walking the dog, only to return and find their character alive and several levels further. I don't even have finished 50% of the mainquest but i haven't seen anything lifethreatening for days now, so i have lost appeal. It's no longer challenging. (and i don't even cheat)."
Rimjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 12:36 PM   #6
[wcip]Angel
Zhentarim Guard

... what Rimjaw said..

+ it requires too good a PC.. I only have a 1ghz t-bird, 256MB RAM, geforce2mx and I have to run at 640*480 resolution with lots of the bells and whistles turned of to get the game to flow smoothly..
[wcip]Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 12:45 PM   #7
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

as far as i have heard, there are 3 different ways to finish the game, one of them doesnt follow the main quest at all.
Old 07-08-2002, 12:47 PM   #8
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by [wcip]Angel:
... what Rimjaw said..

+ it requires too good a PC.. I only have a 1ghz t-bird, 256MB RAM, geforce2mx and I have to run at 640*480 resolution with lots of the bells and whistles turned of to get the game to flow smoothly..
Yeah, it finaly gave me the motivation to go ahead and upgrade my system from my old athlon 500
Old 07-08-2002, 12:54 PM   #9
Neb

Well, ever considered that the easiness might be because you go around levelling before getting started on any of the difficult parts? [img]tongue.gif[/img] And I believe that the patch adds a difficulty slider.

Oh and you can download difficulty mods. They improve the AI of foes and one even does so that it takes 12 skill points to level up instead of 10. I'm gonna get through MW once and then second time around I'm gonna add on one of those babies Should make things more interesting

Things as difficulty and such can be helped by installing mods [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2002, 12:56 PM   #10
Neb

Quote:
Originally posted by [wcip]Angel:
I only have a... ....geforce2mx and I have to run at 640*480 resolution with lots of the bells and whistles turned of to get the game to flow smoothly..
I have what you have. Except for the Geforce2mx. Just upgrading it to a non-MX GeForce2 should probably help a lot, they don't cost much. Or a Geforce3.

Edit: What's your operating system? ME and XP drain a lot more memory than 98 as far as I can remember, that might also be giving you a few probs. Not sure, though.

[ 07-08-2002, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: Neb ]