Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2002, 05:59 PM   #1
Big Red
Dungeon Master

When all you soloists say that you solo a game, do you do most of the quests or just enough that you can get to the last battle and win?

Surely you must reach the XP limit quite easily without doing lots of the quests. So do you just do those that have other rewards, such as +5 weaponry or crom faeyr pieces, and leave out lots of others, or do you try to kill all the big bad guys (dragons, liches, etc) because if you don't then you haven't really beaten the game?

I'm currently having a great time soloing a cleric/mage. I think I'm currently about lvl 14/13 with about 2.7m XP and haven't even left Athkatla yet, but there are only a couple of loose ends to tidy up there.

I'm itching to get a bag of holding: should I head for spellhold now or should I wait longer and become a bit more godlike (closer to 8m XP)?

To put it another way, which quests do you (and not do) both before and after going to Spellhold, and when do you do Watcher's Keep?
And do you have any particular reasons for doing so?

(Hope some of this rambling makes sense)
Big Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 07:34 PM   #2
The Dark

I do all enemies and all quests. I carry the NPC weaponless (so they can have no input and their char record will show no kills whilst mine shows 100%) I finish their quest, drop them and move on.
Old 01-21-2002, 02:58 AM   #3
eb
Manshoon

I am soloing an Fighter/Mage/Thief lvl 20/19/24
I got recently out of Whatcher´s Keep and boy it was hard when you are soloing.
I think i reloaded about 200 times.
Well lets put it like this...
I use of course XPcap
And i have done all the quests you can do if you are soloing. The only guy i have been brought with me is Valygar for the Planar Sphere quest.
So i have killed Kangraxx, Firkraag and the other 2 Dragons.
The dragons i have killed without any problem at all don´t think i have reloaded one time with those guys.
Kangraxx was very difficult because i took him direct after i got out of Underdark and then i had lvl 14/13/17 or something.
I had never a problem of my inventory being full. If you played it threw once before your soloing you should know what items u need and when so i use a bookshelf in the Adventures Mart to put items i don´t need for the time. Thats until i get my little Bag of Holding.

Hope i have helped.
Old 01-21-2002, 09:18 AM   #4
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Well, the trick with soloing is to do all the quests you can get, so you get in the higher levels quicker. If you just do some quests, and doesnt care about the others, you'll soon find out that soloing can be tough.

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote