Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2005, 07:42 AM   #1
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

A quick question. While I was questing near Sadrith Mora (looking for the Boots of Levitate, which I still haven't found - any suggestions?) I accidently ran into Chrystamere. The two handed sword which is worth about 95000. Problem is, it's way too heavy to carry around until I can make time to visit the Mudcrab (I'm probably going to lose a ton of money on this). Do items vanish when you put them in crates, or can I just store it at Telvanni HQ and come back for it later?
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 08:57 AM   #2
Stratos
Vampire

Items doesn't disappear if you put them in containers, but make sure not to put them in someone else's container; it will be regarded as stealing if you try to remove them again.

If you by "Boots of Levitate" mean the Boots of the Apostle then they are not anywhere near Sadrith Mora.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:47 AM   #3
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Yeah, any crate or barrel will do for storing stuff, but as Stratos said, don't put them in someone else's container. I made that mistake once, and people turned hostile when I took my item out of it. Ouch.

I generally used the crates outside the guilds in Balmora. No one ever bothered me when I took stuff out of those. It was also good for recalling just where everything was!

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 01:00 PM   #4
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Thanks guys. Heh.. I can't believe I'm wrong again about those damn boots. They were my favorite piece of equipment with my last char, and although my current characters can levitate by himself, that spell does cost alot of mana. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-25-2005, 01:33 PM   #5
Stratos
Vampire

Go to a spellmaker and make a levitation spell of just a few points and, say, a 30 second duration. Much cheaper than the spell you buy.
Old 12-25-2005, 05:53 PM   #6
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
You can actually just stick stuff on the ground anywhere and it won't disappear. Not really very role-playingly realistic, but sometimes practical . Then no matter where you put it, no one will get upset if you try to pick it up again.

You know there is a quest to get those boots (from the imperial cult) where you're told exactly where to go get them so you don't have to guess....
Old 12-25-2005, 07:12 PM   #7
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Just get a damn house, you bum.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 07:58 PM   #8
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

If you want to store stuff in a chest, empty the thing inside first before putting your stuff in. Sometimes, the stuff inside the chest will disappear if the original item is still there after you opened the chest,
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 03:46 AM   #9
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:

You know there is a quest to get those boots (from the imperial cult) where you're told exactly where to go get them so you don't have to guess....
Ah.. well, I never actually joined the Cult, but it's comforting to know that some directions are available. Anyway, thanks for all the good advice guys. I think I'll go find myself a nice spot to store all the junk I've been carrying around since the beginning of the game. (you wouldn't believe the amount of useless herbs, flowers and random items I am carrying) Or maybe I'll finally follow Sir D's advice to find a cottage, put the inhabitants to the sword and live happily ever after

[ 12-26-2005, 03:48 AM: Message edited by: Dreamer128 ]
Old 01-06-2006, 11:01 AM   #10
NobleNick
Quintesson

...I think I'll go find myself a nice spot to store all the junk I've been carrying around since the beginning of the game... Or maybe I'll finally follow Sir D's advice to find a cottage, put the inhabitants to the sword and live happily ever after

No need to put anyone to the sword, Dreamer. There is a large mansion in Balmora that has several very large areas which are not under surveillance after a certain point in one of the guild progressions (i.e, someone ELSE kills the owner). There are other cozy homes with no inhabitants present. (Typically you have to pick a lock to get in.)

The one I use is the upstairs storage room at the Eight Plates in Balmora: It is very convenient, cozy, and safe (after you shut the door behind you); but plenty of storage, with lots of crates, sacks, chests, baskets, barrels, and even a bit of floor space (as if you needed it). I collect potion ingredients. I think I have used the storage equivalent of over a dozen of EVERY ingredient in the game. In addition, I have a full set of apothecary equipment, some weapons and armor, and a few knick-knacks; and there are still plenty of empty containers left in this perfectly sized and situated lab/storage.

I haven't experienced it, yet; but am told that stuff you put in containers can be lost after some time (the container resets), and the best thing to do is have things out on the floor. I like the orderliness of containers; so put something in or take it out of each container every now and then, to start the container timers over. Like I said, I have had no problems losing stuff.

Hope this helps.

[ 01-06-2006, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote