Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2002, 03:47 AM   #1
Jellyfish
Dungeon Master

i began to play the game with a faerie ninja again.
I found it was impossible for me to kill Don the first time i met him.He was so mighty.none of my fighters can hit him.No magic can affect him.And my bard cannot steal the CoC from him.My party is lv9.(Don is lv20)So how did you kill him?Does he have any weakpoint?
Old 03-17-2002, 03:49 AM   #2
Zeios
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Here's what I did: Waited until my characters were around Level 15. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Zeios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 11:45 AM   #3
Saltheart Foamfollower
Manshoon

Magic works, but it needs to be high level area spells. I do not believe I have any luck with freeze or paralyze spells on him. I had a high level party when I encountered him the second time, but they could not hit that dang shifty rat at all with melee weapons. I hope you saved before meeting him, for there is a god chance you will not get the Cane. If you don't get the Cane, the only way to get it is to reload and rekill...
Old 03-18-2002, 06:44 AM   #4
Jellyfish
Dungeon Master

I did it!
I killed him when i was lv9.
The rat's luck was really bad.
It was not my party who killed him.There was a chest in Don's room. And it was traped.When i was trying to disarm the trap,an EARTH ELEMENT LORD came out.The rat came to my rescue and I fleed away...Though the element's chance to hit him was low,but the damage was really high.Don died at last.And the element also disappeared with the ending of the battle.
I guess the chest is traped by Don himself.What a spoot...
Old 03-18-2002, 10:00 AM   #5
GenXCub
Drow Warrior

Yeah, I killed him at Level 10 with a Canned Elemental. I killed Milano and set off the Elemental in the first round, then I backed mostly out of the room (but not all the way, or the fight ends and the elemental disappears). Hopefully you've found the dulcimer of mending by this point (assuming you have a bard). That's great for healing your characters while the elemental beats on the Don.
Old 03-18-2002, 11:09 PM   #6
armakh
Manshoon

Spoilerish..
I kilt him at level 9, too. Tanked up on all my spells before I went into the room so that he didn't get them, too. Missile shield, especially. I started the fight out behind him and my fighter actually hit him once for big damange. Before he got the chance to attack, threw the canned elemental at him. The hypnotic lure took care of Milano at the beginning so that we didn't have to worry about him. Also, armormelt did wonders for being able to hit him. The elemental actually took a hit or two, also. Finally, my gadgeteer had a couple throwing stilettos and finally critted him.