Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2003, 12:00 AM   #1
Louis de Lioncourt
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just found out that if you are playing with a wizard and uses no mercenary, but uses a summoned ally and your familiar your exp points gained will be very lower. Thats not fair. With my monk I play by myself and get full exp points, but no wizard can live with some distraction ally to protect him, so I'll never be able to get my exp points same way I do with my monk char.

So I just use the monk mercenary with my wizard and no summoned allies like animals or familiars. Because for each of then you loose some exp points.

That exp penalties for allies is correct??
Old 09-04-2003, 09:27 AM   #2
Stratos
Vampire

You get a penalty to xp if you're using a henchman as well as far as I know.

It isn't more than fair that you get a penalty to xp when you're using a familiar/animal companion/summoned creature considering you can buff them to high heavens. Your familiar/summon might not survive long as he is, but cast a Stoneskin spell on him and it will tip the scales to your advantage. A few more buffs and he's a killing machine. Heck, this way you could beat most of the game without casting any offensive spells.

But the xp penalty is alot if you're using both a familiar and a summon as well as a henchman. When I play a spellcaster I rarely have more than one following me at a time, you simply loose to much xp and the spellcasters power is mainly level based.

[ 09-04-2003, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: Stratos ]
Old 09-04-2003, 02:20 PM   #3
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

*Shrugs* There was a penalty in BG and BG2, also: almost all XP were divided amongst the party. This is just the same thing, but without "Quest Experience Points." I remember the soloers complaining of that. Plus, you really should get more experience if you do it alone.
Old 09-04-2003, 04:26 PM   #4
Louis de Lioncourt
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah, now I'm playing my mage with a mercenary and no summonings or familiars. That's the way I found more fair because the monk mercenary is stronger and more usefull then the summonings and the familiars. Just sad that I cant use my pixie familiar to unlock and disable some traps.

Anyway, playing NWN default campain, can u reach lvl 20?
Old 09-04-2003, 05:40 PM   #5
andrewas
Harper

Nope, you probably wont get past 16. I only got to 15, but I had a henchman at all times and used a summon as well.
Old 09-04-2003, 07:13 PM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

you can reach level 20 with a henchman/woman.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 07:56 PM   #7
Wolf Blade
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
Nope, you probably wont get past 16. I only got to 15, but I had a henchman at all times and used a summon as well.
I kinda used my "Daiblo" style of play meaning I venture into every square inch of every level and kill every possible person- except innocent people, oh, and wanev, LOL- I still wont reach 20?

Should I just export my character, import into some module, get him to level 20, and, voila <--Je parle français, hehe
Wolf Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 11:07 PM   #8
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
you can reach level 20 with a henchman/woman.
Definitely. Did it with a cleric without even doing all of the quests (and had Tomi as henchman). Did it again with a fighter with Sharwyn. You just need to do anything and everything that comes your way as far as quests. Oh, and there is at least one zone I can think of with unlimited enemies. Give yourself damage reduction and just smack on them (or give it to your henchman/henchwoman and let them do it).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 11:35 PM   #9
Louis de Lioncourt
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Unlimited enemies? that sounds great, where?

I'm playing with a monk, but I'm building a sorceress a wizard and a rogue too. The rogue I'll mult class wit assassin.
Old 09-05-2003, 01:38 AM   #10
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Louis de Lioncourt:
Unlimited enemies? that sounds great, where?
In chapter 2 or chapter 3, if you stay long enough in the wilderness ( outside of town ). the game will respawn new monsters.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote