Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2001, 09:50 PM   #1
kevinr55
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm planning a new party and i was wondering can you have multiple valkyries (like assasin and zenmaster)?thanks for the help
kevinr55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2001, 10:19 PM   #2
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

I haven't heard of anyone doing that. In a normal playthrough, no. Only one Female character may become a Valkyrie, but I'm not sure if you can carry one through after winning the 1st playthrough. I assume you can, because I've heard of others taking a Zenmaster solo in a second playthrough. Have fun, Kevinr55!

+Dr.Pick

Dr.Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2001, 11:41 PM   #3
Tananda
Elminster

If you are asking about multiple valkyries in one and the same game, the answer will be "no". You meant that trick with giving AssassinDagger/Tomes to another character during the speech of PawnShop/BushiDojo masters, didn't you? I am almost sure it is absolutely impossible for Valkyrie (unless there is a trick I'm not aware of).
But you can get the second Valkyrie in your next playthrough and the third one in one more game - if you are patient enough Actually one can have the whole party consisting of Valkyries - in six games .

------------------
Tanda,
with best regards from Guild of Assassins

[This message has been edited by Tananda (edited 08-13-2001).]
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2001, 11:59 PM   #4
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Sorry, but there isn't any way to get multiple Valkyries in one playthrough. You can get multiple Assassins/Zenmasters by giving the respective items that you need to gain those roles to a different character while the guildmaster is telling his speech. Just pass the item before you answer yes or no as to whether you want to change to that class. This will only work if your game is not patched though.

You could carry your assassins, zenmasters and valkyries into a new game. Just reset adventures; all your characters will be there from your previous go through with all items, abilities, etc.

-Jafin
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2001, 12:16 AM   #5
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Hey, thanks for makin' that more clear Tananda and Jafin. I realized after my post that I wasn't crystal clear in my response. Of course, I haven't finished my 1st playthrough yet, so I'm goin' primarily by what I've gleaned from this site and the "Tome of Misinformation". Kevinr55, I hope you have fun in the Gael Serran! Keep us all posted on how you're doin', ok?

+Dr.Pick
Old 08-13-2001, 02:45 AM   #6
kevinr55
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks for all the replies guys!Oh well i was going to have two of each of the special roles in my party...guess ill just have to have 3 zenmasters....just got the mavin sword, but im working on character advancement before going on to the final town.Later!
-=Kevin=-
Old 08-14-2001, 06:45 PM   #7
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Kevin, if you're still around, it seems someone just figured out how to do that IF you're running the UNPATCHED version! Keep us posted on your progress.

+Dr.Pick
Old 08-14-2001, 08:58 PM   #8
kevinr55
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok dr. pick....someone figured it out?How do you do it....tis not good to keep a weary traveler in suspense. please share the info....thanks!
-=Kevin=-
Old 08-14-2001, 09:15 PM   #9
Tananda
Elminster

Kevinr55,
Look at "Who wants to be a Valkyrie??? BugbUgbuGBUG!!!" thread
Hope you'll have as many Valkyries in your game as you like

------------------
Tanda,
with best regards from Guild of Assassins
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2001, 11:35 PM   #10
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Sorry, Kev. I didn't have much time, I couldn't remember the name of the thread(even though I'd just read it), and I figured you would be able to find it on your own. Have fun with your Val's an' such!

+Dr.Pick