Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2001, 10:15 AM   #1
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Okay, done with the place, got out and explored the far west part of the map, went back to town. Here is the plan: I change up my pc's classes and get inventories cleared out. Then I get my weapon's ready. Going to kill the Boss Vamp in the place, then go kill the Irish dude, come back get my exp and then do some deep sea diving, then go for my end run.... only prob is I'm not sure where the finale takes place. The only place I can imagine is through the Hydra? Only so much of the map yet to do.

Good tip is if you are going to change npc levels and you are not close to the next level on the former thing, change before you get any of your quest points, especially in the last town. I leveled up 4 times just in town!

BK
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 11:07 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

BK - great tip!!!!

Yes, pass the Hydra will get you to Cet's Pyramid!

Keep us posted!!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 09:03 AM   #3
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Coolness BK! Let us know what happens next please.
Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 10:44 AM   #4
Black Knight

Hyrda, smidra. Piece of cake. After I ran out of throwing big spells at her, I just ran up and alternated healing myself and killing it. Nice Exp, btw. Cleared off the map to Cet's tomb, but I think I have to figure out something with the **cough** underwater part **cough** Is there a way to get more than one Underwater mask, or do I just suck it up and swim fast? Question #35. Thanks

BK
Old 06-05-2001, 12:37 PM   #5
realbinky
Elminster

Well, every 3 shells you bring back gets you 3 random pieces of the 2 underwater equipment( 3 masks, 2 masks + one tank.......3 tanks). Turn spawn to often and swin around, plus all those crabs are nice exp!

HINT: Do you have breath of air spell? This works wonders too, plus there are plenty of spots where there is air trapped.
realbinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 12:46 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Also...you need not bring everyone down to Collasium. The only thing you need in there are the Tablet Pieces (and the Tome of Water for the Zenmaster wannabes). However, there are a LOT of goodies in there and if you want them, you'll need the added inventory space of additional characters.

-Sazerac (who's currently having a devil of a time finding stupid conch shells...for the first time in 5 playthroughs! Grrrrr!

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 06-05-2001).]
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 02:00 PM   #7
Black Knight

You mean you can only get underwater breathing equipement for three people? That seems a bit odd. And just to open that can of worms, should I mention something about swimming underwater with plate mail on being darn near impossible?

BK
Old 06-05-2001, 03:24 PM   #8
realbinky
Elminster

No, you can get stuff for all, its just done in 3's. Bring back 2 shells, the guy won't make anything. Bring back 3, and he will make 3 pieces, of one or the other of masks and tanks or some combo. Bring in another 3, and he will make 3 more pieces. Keep going until you have parts for all. Minimum, you need 12 shells, if he does right by you and doesn't make 12 tanks and no masks ;]

And, did you notice its impossible to use magic, to gain a sword made of light and darkness, then meet an angel that tells you how to raise a dead guy from ashes that tells you how to USE the magic sword on an immortal guy, after powering it up in magic fire? And you're nitpicking about lizzords, oomphaz, ratlings, pixies, elves, halflings, or whiskas that shouldn't be able to swim in plate? ;] ;] ;] ;] :]
realbinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 08:19 PM   #9
Black Knight

Well, speaking strictly from a PnP perspective, yes... I can believe magic and other races...just not swimming with heavy plate mail on ...

BK
Old 06-05-2001, 08:25 PM   #10
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Knight:
Well, speaking strictly from a PnP perspective, yes... I can believe magic and other races...just not swimming with heavy plate mail on ...

BK
Agreed fully! That's one reason in my storyline, I have them strip down to to their bare essentials while swimming. Not really along the lines of what the game allows, but more appropriate, especially in a story form.

-Sazerac

P.S. In reality, you wouldn't also be able to swim umpteen miles down a river, or across an ocean, without batting an eye or losing an ounce of stamina.

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 06-05-2001).]
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote