Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2001, 02:30 PM   #1
legolas

Hi guys...this is legolas, I posted a couple of days ago about a crash problem if anyone remembers....

Anyway, I'd like to say thanx again to everyone who came up with a solution or greeting and welcome, this really is a friendly forum!

Now, any more help would be appreciated since I am still stuck in just forming partys at the guild, watching the beautifull town left and right, and getting thrown out to windows each time I decide to have a walk in the park....leave the town I mean. I did what u suggested, remove DirectX 8, and use DirectX 7a instead and tried to play with software renderer but nothing changed....

(For anyone who'll want to reply) - My first post has the subject "Hi,everyone..." and I ve included in it my system configuration. One small correction, about my graphic card....it really isn't a GeForce2MX any longer but a Quadro 2MXR (Elsa Synergy III) since a modification I did some months ago, thought might help you to know...

That's about it......thanks again!
Old 05-13-2001, 02:36 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi legolas!!!

Saz is checking on some things on his computer and will be posting in a few! Hope he will be able to help you out with this problem!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 02:49 PM   #3
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

What about the patch? I noticed no one recommended the patch to Karen either, why not? I haven't had any crashes since I installed the patch.
Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 02:50 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Okaaay...

Legolas, it may be the graphics card. Unfortunately, HPI only set the game to work with certain graphics cards. These are:

Supported Chipsets for 3D Acceleration in Windows® 95/98 (optional) **

3dfx Voodoo Banshee
3dfx Voodoo 3
3dfx Voodoo 5
ATI Rage 128
Matrox G200
Matrox G400
nVidia TNT
nVidia TNT2
nVidia GeForce
nVidia GeForce2

* Important Note: This product uses MicrosoftâDirectX 7.0a technology, which requires your system to have the latest Windows 95/98 drivers that fully support DirectX 7.0a.

** In addition to software rendering, Wizards & Warriorsä supports 3D Acceleration using Microsoft’s Direct3D to support 3D hardware acceleration. This feature requires a 16 MB video card with DirectX 7.0a compliant drivers. Wizards & Warriorsä has been tested on many but not all of the major cards incorporating the chipsets listed above.

Video Card Issues:

· If you experience any video/graphic distortions in higher resolutions in D3D mode on TNT/TNT2/Geforce/Geforce 2 cards, try setting the in-game resolution to 640X480. Lowering the resolution setting on these chipsets have shown to solve minor graphical glitches.

That was right from the ReadMe file.

Now...another thing you can try is to set your Swap File to a minimum of 300 MB. To do this,

1) Right-click on "My Computer"

2) Choose "Properties"

3) On the resulting dialog box, choose "Performance".

4) Click the "Virtual Memory" button.

5) Click the Radio button that says "Let me specify my own Virtual Memory settings."

6) In the Minimum text box below it, type in "300"

7) Click OK, then OK on the next box.

8) Reboot your system. (It may ask you to do this).

If THAT doesn't solve it, then try changing your Audio Compression Codecs, which may be interfering with the drivers.

To change the priority of audio compression drivers:

1. Right-click My Computer and choose "Properties"
2. Click "Device Manager"
3. Open the Multimedia Properties dialog box at the Devices tab.
4. Click the plus sign next to Audio Compression Codecs, click the codec whose priority you want to change, and then click Properties.
5. Click the priority you want, and then click OK.

That's all I can think of, Legolas. Hope one of them will work!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 02:50 PM   #5
Dragonrider
Dungeon Master

Hi! Did you try turning off the graphics card accelerator? See your previous post for my fix. You can also disable the 3d accelerate graphics in DirectX also.
Dragonrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 02:51 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Mammawlin, not everyone wants the patch, as the "cure" is often worse than the "condition"!

I only recommend the patch as a last resort.

However, Legolas, if you can't get it to run under any of these suggestions, do as Mammawlin says and download the patch...you can get to it from http://www.heuristicpark.com/

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 03:03 PM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Just excellent!!!

Hope the above posts will solve the problem, legolas!! I'll keep my wings crossed for you! Keep us UPDATED!!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 05:09 PM   #8
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Bumping for Legolas
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote