Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2000, 10:02 PM   #1
Neal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey everyone. After completeing Baldur's Gate II, I'm lacking quality RPG material to play and I was just wondering what you would rate this particular game (say, on a scale of 1 to 10).
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2000, 12:48 AM   #2
Raldor

I'd give it a 6 or a 7. Its worth playing at least for a while. I've currently lost interest, but it was fun for a while. Maybe I'll continue it after the patch.
Old 12-04-2000, 01:00 AM   #3
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It really depends on what you like. If you like developing your characters and going on specific quests, it's one of the best except it's a little buggy.

If you like a more straightforward game with hard fighting, give it the 6 or 7
thoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2000, 02:38 AM   #4
Ravensong

It's no BG by any stretch of the imagination, but has an excellent class advancement/guild system. To me one the the weaknesses common to CRPG's is the lack of things to do with all your hard earned cash by the middle of the game. You won't have that problem here, since the guilds offer training between levels, for a price. You can also enchant your own weapons and armor (actually Blessing them is far more useful) which is very cool. It is also a very long game that will certainly give you some bang for your buck if you can deal with it's shortcomings, of which there are many.

The downside is that it is buggy as hell, and there is very little in the way of a story. The quests are mostly pretty weak, and monster AI is non-exsistant.

All in all I agree with the 6 or 7 although I'd lean towards 6 because of all the bugs. There are certainly better CRPG's out there but if you've played them all, this one will at least keep you busy for a while.
Old 12-04-2000, 01:38 PM   #5
Lily the Ranger

Neal, I love your signature! LOL! I haven't as much game experience as many of our sages . . . so for what it is worth. This game fuels my imagination! I get involved enough in it to be startled by monsters. I do talk to them. Developement and quests can be a little tendious. I miss being able to place my characters in battle to protect the weak. I love the NPC's, just wish they would talk a little less. Am having a wonderful time. Love the character generation part and the ascension. This forum gives lots of answers and laughs. Tis not simply cut and slash. I love this game.
Old 12-04-2000, 03:40 PM   #6
THE_ONE

I guess it depends on what kind of rpg-player you are. If you are a convinced pen&paper player, like myself, then you will love this game for its character advancement and its guild system. There is NO other game that offers so much fine-tuning of your heroes! 11 points here!
The bugs, the all too simple quests and the lack of strategic challange on the other hand earn it a 6.
So, all in all I agree with Lily the Ranger. I personally would give it 8, it surely worth being played, and not only for pen&paper players!

THE ONE
Old 12-04-2000, 04:29 PM   #7
Neal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I loved the Might & Magic series.. isn't it sorta like that?
Old 12-04-2000, 04:34 PM   #8
Neal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

oh yeah, hardcore AD&D played for 6 of my 15 years...
Old 12-04-2000, 05:16 PM   #9
Mammawlin

It is a great game, Neal! This forum has to be the best I've ever been too! I'll give the game a 8.5, because of the bugs, or eles it would be higher! I give the forum a 10+!!

God speed!
Old 12-04-2000, 09:05 PM   #10
Junker

Hmm....I think it is really hard to actually rate this game....I played it till the end, but I didnt think it was that great !!! But still I had fun all along

1. The story is really bad,,Its a real low budget fantasy story (If you can say that to a game)Its okey if you dont care so much about the story,,,I think this is one of the most important things in an CRPG..A story told for the Adventurers,,there are some very nice NPC meetings in the game thou.

2.I didnt have so much bugs during the game as everyone speaks off thou...I think it depends on how you play and what you do in this produkt,,,,If you go straight to B before going to A you may get ruined Quest,,,,ea kill that NPC before getting the Quest etc etc...Then there was a few other things that annoyed me,,,getting damage from elevators,hard to target flying monsters...monsters attack you when talking to some NPC(could ruin your Quest)...and much more

3. The graphics isnt that bad and not that good either,,,

I give it a 4 of 10 if the story had been good the verdict would be much higher...And if I rate it that the story didnt matter at all I give it a 7,,cus it was still fun to play..