Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2001, 12:47 AM   #1
Moni

I never bought the strategy guide either. I relied on the good people here at this forum for help whenever I got stuck (which was often, lol)!
Wyv's soultion worked perfectly. Thanks Wyv!
: )
Moni
Old 01-20-2001, 09:57 AM   #2
adam mage

I'm trying to figure out the chain puzzle at the room with the gargoyle(sp?) chains.

anyone knows that procedure of the puzzle?
Old 01-20-2001, 10:05 AM   #3
skywalker
Banned User

I've given the answer for this puzzle before, from the Strategy Guide and then when I started the game over and actually tried it myself, it was wrong. Love that Guide. Sorry I can't help.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2001, 10:06 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

This method has worked for me:

The last chain you will need to pull is at the 11:00 position as you face the vault - this one is easy to identify because as soon as you pull it down, it goes right back up. So, without pulling that one, work your way clockwise around the room pulling each chain. When you've worked your way around the circle go back counter clockwise correcting any chains that have gone back up. Check them one last time - correct any that have gone up. They should all be down now, pull the last chain and you're in!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2001, 10:09 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Mark - wouldn't you have to rate the W&W strategy guide as one of the worst ever?? Did you notice that in the Skull Castle section instead of printing the map/solution to the bridge lift section they reprint the lift maze from the Serpent Temple! So nice! And no map at all of the underwater city! Who wrote this thing??

Wyv
Old 01-20-2001, 10:17 AM   #6
adam mage

thanks I'll let you know if I succeeded or not

wish me luck...

damn imps...
Old 01-20-2001, 10:23 AM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Being as I never purchased the strategy guide, Wyvern, (and I'm glad I didn't!), I can only imagine that it's the nadir of all possible strategy guides. Personally, I believe this forum to be the _best_ strategy guide of all, IMO. (A good reason to join gaming forums on the Internet...much better info than any strategy guide could give you...and it's free.

Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2001, 10:38 AM   #8
adam mage

you know I DID ask for a W&W strategy guide at the store I purchased the game from and they said they don't have any...

maybe it's a good thing I didn't have it...
Old 01-20-2001, 01:36 PM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

LOL! I had ordered the strategy guide when I ordered the game - it arrived well after I had completed my first playthru and had already discovered this board. I'm in total agreement with Sazerac that this board offers far more than any strategy guide ever could and is far more fun in the process! What particularly delights me about the frequenters of this board is that we have posters, like Sazerac (for example) who obviously take excellent notes and can post a list of what quests are available from the Valiea guilds! Having given up actually writing walkthrus anymore, I don't take many notes but what a blessing that we have players/posters here that do! KUDOS to all of you!!!!!

Wyv
Old 01-20-2001, 03:07 PM   #10
carg
The Magister

The strategy guide sounds so awful: perhaps I should get a copy of it at eBay just to be able to say that I have the champion walkthrough of Crap.
Still I find the lever Wyv means more 10:30-ish than 11:00-ish. But then again she and I are at quite different times anyway. (Teatime mmpppf.)
carg is offline   Reply With Quote